Sunday 22 December 2013

Hand carved Stamp and useups





Hi folks, I hope you are all well and are up to date with all your Christmas stuff....there is so much to do isn't there...pressies to wrap, food to buy, decorations to put etc, ironing, dusting etc etc etc...SO much that its hard to find any crafting time, let alone blogging time!

This weekend was extra special as my brother and his new wife came to stay.  They no longer live in Ecuador but (for the time being) have moved back to London.  So, Saturday lunch time we went to a local pub (owned by the local Bath Ales whose brewery is 10 mins walk from the house-sadly the pub is 10 mins DRIVE away!!) with hubby and my mum for an early Christmas celebration lunch.  During the evening the four of us went to watch a friends northern soul band play.  Lots of dancing, laughing and maybe a cider or two!  What's not to like!

Before they arrived I managed to grab some time in the craft room and I did managed to make a card from some papers from my scrap box.


This is a stamp I carved from drawing I did of a seed head (inspired by the wonderful Angie Lewin at St. Judes). 
 I stamped it onto some leftover lilac paper and matted and layered it on some silver card (I have lots of silver off cuts after my Christmas card making session the other night).

I am entering it into the snippets challenge over at http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/ where they have some lovely entries each week.

Happy crafting

Kyla

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyla - wow, you carved this stamp yourself? Very clever indeed!

    Hope you have a super Christmas, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamp Kyla and smashing card! Must dig my carving stuff out!
    See you behind the newly furbished bike shed for an egg nog!!
    Merry Christmas
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment