Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Well, this is a photo from the back window of my wee garden looking all clean and tidy whilst covered in snow. It stayed like this for nearly 2 weeks but is now back to a muddy mess, though they have given out snow for tommorow, so who knows, maybe I will get to go out and play in it for a bit longer!I have made lots, but havent yet taken photos (or gave then away and forget to take a photo!!). This is a distressed vintage card I made for my mum's birthday with paperartsy stamps and some distressed inks and crackle paint, I also had a go at sewing on the card also, hope you like it.I was really pleased with how this turned out and think I will try combining lace, paint and all manner of bits and pieces again.

Happy vrafting
Li'l pidge x

Sunday, 10 January 2010

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Oh boy, have we had proper snow. We have had some of the worst weather that I can remember since I was a kid! Its so cold, sub zero temperatures everyday for nearly two weeks, problems getting to work (a 30 min drive took me 2 1/2 hours by what public transport was running), wearing two pairs of trousers and 2 jumpers (attractive!!), gigs and craft nights out cancelled (boo!) but it does look very pretty.

Hope your all keeping warm and I'll post some photos of my latest makes soon.

Lil pidge x

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Watch the birdie

ooh, 2 posts in one day (must be a day off work!!). Well, here is my first attempt at a bit of free hand machine embroidery.

First I hand dyed some calico fabric with distressed inks to age it...

Then I drew a bird cage, front and back and embroidered these adding a red fabric bird and a ribbon to hang it.

I then stuffed it with cotton wool and a bit of lavender oil, and voila!

Happy crafting

Li'l Pidge x
Well, the 'use-up' sessions are going well and creating a bit more space ready forme to play with my Christmas pressies. Here are a few cards, some are upcycled, some using Dreamweaver paste and others using some old card stock from my stash.

So, now I have a bit of space I decided to have aplay with the silver PMC kit I got for Christmas. This is my first attempt, I used a moulding stamp to add some intereting detail and simply threaded it onto some cording. I must admit, I am rather pleased with the results (though there was a bit of smoke and it smelt a bit when I was firing it!!).

Now I am off to play with my machine embroidery foot I also got...........

Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge x