Sunday, 31 October 2010
Friday, 29 October 2010
Wednesday, 27 October 2010
Friday, 22 October 2010
I gesso'd it, then I applied various layers of acrylic, adding distress inks to add depth. I distressed the Scrabble tiles spelling out the word thread (which the box contains). I decoupaged some sewing pictures from a paper bag then used the hot glue gun to adhere buttons, some Tim Holtz embellishments, some grunge hinges and finally a few stamps were added (I especially liked the paperartsy stamped ruler).
I added a couple of layers of varnish..and hey presto, a new thread box.
This accompanied me on my weekend residential course last week at Urchfont Manor-2 and a bit days of machine embroidery-no cooking or cleaning, just sewing and eating! Heaven!
We didn't work on any sample pieces, learning new stitches instead, so I haven't got any photos I can post....but given time I will experiment at home and of course share with you all my experiences-good and bad!!
Any way.....as its the weekend...QI and a glass of wine beckons.....rock and roll!!!
Li'l Pidge x
Thursday, 21 October 2010
If you get a chance please pop over and have a look on the challenge blog
Thursday, 14 October 2010
I stamped the bird, sentiment and dill weed from my new Paper Artsy stamp set and layered over some pale angelina fibres to make the background, I then free machine embroidered over the words, filling them all in, outlining some of the seed heads and then switched to an invisible thread to stitch down the angelina fibres.
I then stitched around the edges to include it as a page in the sample book I am making.
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
Well, this is a box my friend gave me to alter. It was a very red stained wooden box, I took its handle off (I'll put that back on later once the painting has been done) and gave it a base coat of white gesso and here I have added a coat of rangers acrylic dabber in Lake Mist.
I was thinking this box would make a good place to store my stash of embroidery threads as its deep enough for the slightly bigger spools. Not sure what else to do with it yet....I'll have another bash at it after supper, probably some distressing, maybe a touch of crackle paint and definatley some stamping!
This card is for the LTD Challenge, this weeks theme is Oriental. Not your usual colour scheme, but I stamped the background distressing the edges. I used a peel off on some leaf patterened paper, adding a stamped sentiment and a lantern embellishment.
Saturday, 9 October 2010
This is the almost edible felt stall
And this is where we stayed-not the London Eye (ooh...can you imagine waking up inside the glass pod....a bit exposed!) but the Premier Travel Inn next door-central and clean...just what we needed.
I will take a picture when I have unpacked and had a play.....
Sunday, 3 October 2010
I know for many it may victoriana etc. but for me, its definately 1940's and 50's-I love the glamour (not that I have the time to look like that) and beautiful clothes-so I decided to make my vintage a 1950 pin-up complete with a shrinkie dink one!
Enjoy have a blog hop around all the others too.