Friday, 22 October 2010

Alterd threads box

Hurrah, the weekend is finally here......its been a long week....I missed WOYWW as I was working late so haven't been able to craft. But I was able to finish altering the red box I was given by a friend (the photo was on an earlier post)....

I gesso'd it, then I applied various layers of acrylic, adding distress inks to add depth. I distressed the Scrabble tiles spelling out the word thread (which the box contains). I decoupaged some sewing pictures from a paper bag then used the hot glue gun to adhere buttons, some Tim Holtz embellishments, some grunge hinges and finally a few stamps were added (I especially liked the paperartsy stamped ruler).

I added a couple of layers of varnish..and hey presto, a new thread box.

This accompanied me on my weekend residential course last week at Urchfont Manor-2 and a bit days of machine embroidery-no cooking or cleaning, just sewing and eating! Heaven!

We didn't work on any sample pieces, learning new stitches instead, so I haven't got any photos I can post....but given time I will experiment at home and of course share with you all my experiences-good and bad!!

Any its the weekend...QI and a glass of wine beckons.....rock and roll!!!

Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment