Monday, 30 December 2013

Oven Glove Joy

Hello peeps, another update on some of the Christmas pressies I made this year.

As well as Elderflower cordial, sloe gin and spiced sugar (which I LOVE) I also made some other pressies.  You have seen the jewelry I made, well this is a small gift I made my DH.

Back in the late 70's and 80's he (as was I, but I didn't know him back then) was a big fan of a band called Joy Division.  Probably their most famous album had a black and white cover:



Lots of bands over the years have cashed in on merchandise (cue Misfits and Kiss....kings of exploiting merchandise-you can even get a Kiss coffin!!) so another band called "Half Man Half Biscuit" brought out a song called "Joy Division Oven Gloves" about bands exploiting themselves (youtube it...its a great song!).

So I made him some!


I bought a black oven glove and painted a representation of the Joy Division album with white fabric paint!!! 

Making a gift for DH is hard, his gifts this year consisted of a LOT of vinyl records and a bass pedal tuner (he is REALLY into music and plays in a punk band) so I was chuffed when I thought of this one!

Happy Crafting
Kyla
 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Kyla. I remember Joy Division!
    Happy New Year to you Kyla. Looking forward to Crop III though we have not had our meeting yet!
    Hugs
    Hettie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bit of a big thing t say, but I think this is going to be the best blog I have seen all year and it's still only the first day of the year! Ha Ha. I LOVE Joy Division. I LOVE Half Man Biscuit (Although my favourite song is All I Want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit) and I LOVE your idea! I did think about attempting something in the same vein the first time I heard John Peel play the Half Man Half Biscuit Song for the first time, but didn't hit upon the ease of using that design. Have a great week - Lucy #28 x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment