Thursday 12 January 2012

Use it Up and a crafty top tip!

So, one of the benefits when I work from home is seeing sights like these-goldfinches on my feeder on the garden, a lovely distraction from all my paperwork.


In an effort to keep to my Use it Up pledge I decided to make a card from only my ever expanding scrap box on my desk-now this isn't that difficult as it does contain a bit of everything!!


The Tim Holtz papers were already cut to size (hurrah), the fabric already stamped and all I needed to do was grunge it up a bit-perfect!  How did I not notice these went together and were just sat there (it MAY have had something to do with the fact I couldn't see them for the ton of stash dumped on top!!)?

This tag was also made with left over stash (but made at Coven night), the tag coloured with distress stains (I am so frigging loving this product).  Tracy brought in some mushrooms-so in an effort to get more with less I decided to cut it in half!  Is there anything that Tim Holtz scissors won't cut through??  I have even cut through one of his glazed dolls before with them!!
That's another couple of makes from old stash (the gorguss die cut above I have had for over a year!!).

Top Tip Alert!!!

If you are looking for cheap supplies and are in the UK, then I have a tip for you....poundland!!  Yep, forget the craft dept and head for the hardware section.  For £1 you get 3, yes 3 rolls of very sticky double sided tape (yards and yards of the stuff for only a quid-bargain!!).

If I come across any other bargains I'll let you know!

Happy Crafting
Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment