Wednesday 30 March 2011

WOYWW

Welcome to another WOYWW, I cannot believe its nearly April-where the hell is the year going? The lighter evenings are certainly a blessing though-its so nice to drive home in the light and soon it'll be light late enough to be crafting without the curtains shut! Yes, Spring is here and she is dancing her merry dance around the plants (and weeds)! And the drivel above is a good example of why I rarely drink coffee-a cup at work today instead of my usual calming ginger and turmeric tea (believe me it does taste better than it sounds) means my head is thumping and I am hyper!!!! So, whats on my work desk this Wednesday? Well, I missed last week as I was at the NEC (having such fun and now owning a die cutting machine) so thought I would play. I have bee gesso'ing some old book pages ready to use for various projects and on the far right my red scrap box is starting to become unwieldy again so I think I need to set myself another challenge to make a couple of cards just from the scraps. In the middle/back is my orange ribbon flower (NO idea what to put that on) that I made from wired ribbon that I curl round and shred one edge to produce a pretty frilly edging. On the right is my new wooden storage caddy that is a bit like a lazy Susan (I wonder why they named it that?) that I bought at a car boot sale for 50p and it fits all my new cosmic shimmer sprays perfectly (a bit more luck than judgement that one!)
To help me remember which dies and embossing folders I already have (I MAY have had to buy a few at the NEC once, or maybe even before, I bought the die cutting machine!) I thought I would make a tag book using them. The Tim Holtz embossing folder has been accented with sepia glossy accents to add some dimension and the cotton reel had thread wound round it


The swallow is cut from very thin metal and coloured with alcohol inks and the bumble bee is layered with card stock and vellum to help the wing flutter.


For a first attempt and a quick and easy way to remember which ones I already have I was quite impressed.


Any hoo-if you get a chance, pop over to Julia's WOYWW blog for a good old nose around some other desks...I know I am!


Happy crafting


Li'l Pidge x

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, pretty tags, & what a fab buy from the car boot!! Looks like its made for them.
    Thanks for sharing on WOYWW
    K. #90

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! I spy someone who is going to enjoy her Big Shot!!!! Like the tag idea - I have a tiny notebook in which I list my inks, dies, cosmic shimmers etc which fits nicely in my pocket to take to shows - very handy as it stops me going for the colours I like and already have!! Nice buy from the boot sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a great WOYWW

    Hugs Marjo #22 oops thats 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice first attempts with the cutter! Love all the tags. I love my big shot! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #83

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment