These 2 are plain MDF blanks that I distressed with distress inks, masking and stamping, adding various layers of colour and then adding depth by lifting some of the colour off with an alcohol free baby wipe.
I then made up my own spray bottle with some water and mica powder, spraying the coaster to add a little sparkle.
Then on one I added some vintage text from a book, distressing the edges with ink and over staming with a bumble bee (this is probably my favourite stamp at the moment). I then added a little stickles glitter in the corners just for a touch of bling!
I painted the undersides with 2 coats of black acrylic paint to make everything look nice and presentable then finished with 3 coats of yacht varnish to ensure that no hot mugs will stand any chance of damaging these little beauties (it takes an age for the varnish to dry, then lightly sand between layers, this part of the process can take 3 days, but its worth it as the coaster on my work desk has hot mugs standing on it all day every day for weeks now and there isn't one blemish on it).
Anyway, best crack on...
Li'l pidge x