Wednesday 17 May 2023

WOYWW 14th Anniversary

 Happy hump day and What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Started 14 years ago by Julia and Jan and boy, its been a blast.  Over the years I have made new crafting friends across the globe and been lucky to meet up at crops and catch ups over the years with several other deskers (and sadly lost a few over the years, but they will always be remembered).  They have taught me new crafting skills from paper craft to convincing me to make a quilt and handbag (looking at LLJ!!) as well as top tips, storage tips and of course "enabling" of new crafting stash (looking at Helen and Mary Anne in particular).  

So, on my desk last night was this!

I know, bit odd!  Cleaning up glass jars ready for jam and chutney making season, and must admit crafters companion is easily the best way I have found to get those really difficult and pesky glue patches off jars.

Also using poundland gel nail remover - basically a quid and pure acetone which is perfect for removing stubborn marks so perfect for cleaning my plant labels ready for their use.  I do have wooden and bamboo ones but must admit I still use these thick plastic ones as I get quite a few years use out of them whereas some "creature" has nibbled the top of some of the wooden ones I use on the allotment!

At the back of my desk is my sketch book with last weeks bicycle I sketched at the Emily's Notebook zoom drawing lesson she runs each week.

Hidden behind the acetone are my ATCs!  Only made 4 so really sorry wont be able to do a return swap as already got 3 ear-marked and 1 for my offical "swap".

My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week are the headline 'Model Tells on Dead Star' - well, that could be a LOT of people!  I will watch the 'news' with interest ;-)

So, What's on your workdesk this Wednesday?
kyla


17 comments:

  1. Glad you've found a good use for the gel remover! I was looking back at old crop photos last night - WOYWW has certainly generated lots of friendships over the years. Hope you have a happy creative week (work allowing!) Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! *I* blame Helen for most of my "EEK MUST HAVE" moments but surprised you put me up there with her LOL! I'm like you - I hide my ATCs till the swaps are done. I enjoy your blog, for all the very different things you share and of course the MBD cards, which still never fail to make me smile. Once my actual swaps are done I will send you an ATC with no expectation of a return (unless you already agreed a swap with me and I missed the confirmation LOL!) as I have you address.
    Happy 14th Anniversary WOYWW
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 14th WOYWW!! It has been a genuine pleasure getting to know you over the years whether virtually or in real time! I like seeing what you’ve been getting up to and cherish our friendship. It was a fun day when you came to Burbage for the bag making and still remember your glee at learning the easy way to make bag handles that didn’t involve turning pesky tubes of fabric, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We each get a lot from this WOYWW lark don’t we! Made me laugh to read that MA is surprised that she’s an enabler!!! So glad that you’re still enjoying being a Desker, we all love to see what you’re up to, always busy and always with enthusiasm, you’re amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kyla. This seems to come round quickly doesn't it. Interesting Man Bites Dog today and I'm sure that will turn up again in the papers. Wishing you a very happy woyww Anniversary. Hugs, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late in the day and am only just getting around the blogs after a busy morning with little Louie and work.
    Happy 14th Anniversary.....here's to many more happy years of fun and friendship.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. You enabled me once, Kyla. You were at a crop and showed your ink scrubbers. In fact, I have both mine on my desk this week. LOVE the Man Bites Dog, too. It's good to know how to get the sticky off jars, too. Happy Anniversary from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 14! ah the art of jam making! Robyn 1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW anniversary. Here's to friendship spanning across the web. Take care of yourself. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I buy that acetone stuff as well - comes in v useful!! I like your bicycle, very clever. Happy WOYWW Anniversary, love n hugs Cindy #7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hellooo Kyla 💕 happppy 14th 🥳💕❤️ your home is going to smell deeelicious soon once you start the jams and chutney 😋 Alex's been making rhubarb and ginger jam with the glut we had out back 💕 I'm loving your bicycle but I also loooove the splattered paper everything is sitting on ... treasure that is 😁😘 Sending love and hugs Tracy #14 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet those preserves will be delicious Kyla. You managed mre ATCs than me lol. Happy 14th WOYWW anniversary. Stay safe. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this busy desk - at least you got some ATCs made - not one made by me this year! Loving the thought of jams and chutneys! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the heads up for when my really expensive Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution runs out - poundland gel nail remover for a quid and pure acetone. Excellent. Seems like only yesterday we were SWAP partners but really a year ago! Oh my where does the time go? Happy Anniversary Hugs BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helloooo Kyla 🥰❤️💕 I sent two comments yesterday 🙃 but can't see the one with my email address 😊 I'm so happppy you're my official ATC swap ❤️ Could you drop me an email with your address please 😘 at
    tracyeasson@hotmail.co.uk
    and I'll get it in the post.
    Sending much love and hugs
    Tracy 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great 'Man Bites Dog' cards today!
    Happy 14th! Susan #21

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there. I have never made jam - hangs head in shame. Have good friends who do though and share :-) yummy.
    Happy 14TH WOYWW. Anne x 20

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment