Wednesday 9 December 2020

Woyww

Hump day again so that means sharing our desks with What's on your workdesk Wednesday and the queen of desks Julia on Here. On my desk this week is a Christmas present i am making, i had some blank mdf pieces like this glass holder (you place this over a wine bottle and hang the glasses on the side) so thought they may make nice presents just need to find something to decorate it with. 

My 'Man bites dog'cards this week are 'devoted actor weeps for bored wife'!!! 

 

For those that were on the 600th WOYWW zoom calls at the weekend (it was brilliant and the longest i have crafted for since last year so brilliant) i spent the calls making my first ever willow wreath with items from the garden, allotment and bits foraged on my walks. This is the finished wreath, quite pleased with it as it was free! 


So i decided to make another one, this time for the front door. We spotted someone cutting their hedge so grabbed a handful of evergreen bits, added some ivy, holly, rosemary and sage. No idea how long it will last, but again cost nothing apart from a bit of time and research. 


So, what crafting have you all been up to? Feel free to join the gang over on Julia's blog and dare to share! 

Happy crafting 

Kyla 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreaths Kyla. Therre's nothing like a bit of naturelle amongst all the Christmas bling is there? What a unique idea for a gift. Looking forward to seeing how you choose to decorate it. Hugs, Sue. #24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you on Saturday - I wish Zoom had smell-o-vision as your room must have been gorgeous as you used all those herbs and evergreens in your wreath. Even better that it didn't cost anything!!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreaths are both really pretty. Was great to see you on Saturday xx Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO enjoyed seeing you on Saturday, even if you couldn't see me. I loved it when you talked about your allotment and how different areas allow for different garden plots. I love both those wreaths. They are lovely. Last year, I stuck holly branches in old ice skates and placed them on my front door. The holly didn't last very long, even though it was quite cold. I don't think the holly made it to Christmas and I kept having to replace it. Hope you have better luck with yours. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention, it was good to see the Man Bites Dog cards which I missed last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning wreath! And Yes, the zoom call was great fun. I so wanted to have my MBD card out for you, but dang it, I cleaned up and have NO IDEA where I stashed them. Typical.

    Next time maybe...

    Happy WOYWW! (WowWee!)
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wreaths!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, #31

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kyla LOVE your wreaths and I was so tickled at Julia's teasing of how you scavenged from neighborhood yards! I chuckled every time she'd mention that!! I also enjoyed talking about your veg allotments. It was all so interesting to see how things differ and are similar between us all! So good meeting you and hope to do it again soon! Blessings, Felicia #29

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kyla, was lovely to see you on Saturday- and I was amazed you still have that Christmas card! I must admit, those baubles are one of my favourites. Loved the wreath, and the second one is very effective too, and of course, goes back to how they would have been made original- hedgerow cuttings, garden bits and pieces, so lovely to see an 'old' craft revisited. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous wreaths Kyla, you were far more productive during the Zooms than I was. It was good to see you. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your wreaths Kyla and it was so lovely to see you on the zoom calls. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#33)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kyla, good job I popped back as it doesn't look as though I said hello on Wednesday. The wreaths are a delight and well done for grabbing the waste holly too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wine holder looks a fun thing to decorate, Kyla, and your wreaths look lovely. Great to see you on the Zoom last week.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment