Wednesday 10 July 2019

WOYWW

 Hello peeps, if you saw my "desk" last week then you would have seen my bolt cutters!  
Caro asked to see my finished shelves under my decking and my journal-so here they are!

The very old metal frame was an old greenhouse staging from my childhood (so a good 40 odd years old). I cut the galvanised steel to fit so I can use it for storage.  As it sits under my decking/balcony it gets really wet (watering the plants etc above) the old fencing wood I used finally gave up the ghost so I am hoping the mesh will last until the fame finally rusts through.


My 365 Journal for July has been finished too, not particularly well decorated but just a few strawberries and paint flicks


Now my actual desk has an upcycled  stamp block.  A few years ago I unmounted all my stamps (and i have a LOT) and kept the wooden block because they are nice and thick and smooth and they seemed too good to let go.

So I decided to use one of the largest ones to make a sign for my allotment.


I stenciled Plot 12 and stamped a basil plant, garlic and bumble bee.  When they had dried I added colour with a mixture of sharpie pens, inktense pencils and posca pens.


I then need to apply a couple of coats of yacht varnish and drill it onto a post on the allotment.  So, what's on your workdesk today?

Kyla
ps - sorry just realised i forgot to include my "Man Bites Dog" cards this week-will try to remember for next week

11 comments:

  1. your shelving looks great, and very practical. love the sign for your lotty! Have a good day. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shelves really do the job intended. Great recycle of the block too, they really are too good to get rid of.
    Thanks for sharing WoywW Tracey #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the industrial looking shelves, and the paint spatters are brilliant! Also, an unusual way of repurposing your old stamp blocks.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the upcycled shelving, long may it last! And the Plot sign is fun too :-)
    Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shelves are amazing, I want a rack like that on my balcony because indeed, watering plants gives a lot of mess when they are on a table (like mine.) I also love your 365-journal-page, hope the spaces get filled with lovely memories! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kyla, love the allotment sign, thats awesome. Great use of the wood blocks too. Journals looking good, as is the staging. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shelving is great and I love the allotment sign. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to keep the stamp blocks and nice to see you finding a good use for them well at least one anyway. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use up a wooden block Kyla. I really like your July journal so pretty and summery. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I’m late.Well I reckon those shelves will see out your decking! Great job, and great use of space. Love the Plot block..what other use have you found for the wooden blocks then...could be something that persuades me to unmount some of mine....?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your visit, Kyla. Glad you enjoyed seeing my various bits of cooking! Strawberry vinegar sounds as delicious as the raspberry variety.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment