Wednesday 2 January 2019

WOYWW

Welcome to the first "What's on Your Workdesk" of 2019.
On my desk is my 365 Challenge Journal for January, I just need to stamp a few snowflakes across the page and it is ready to go. I find it an ideal way to capture a snippet of each day

  I wondered how long I have been doing this so I looked back through my old journals and was amazed to find out I have been doing the 365 challenge since January 2012!  

I find it hard to believe I have been doing this for 7 years!!


There is another thing I have been doing each month for the past year or so and that is the Bullet Journal.  It took me about 6 months to decide on a format that suited me, I tried weekly, pictures and very detailed ones but found a double page spread for the month works best.  I have the daily appts/birthdays/meetings on the left and on the right I have a "To Do" list, "Longer Term" list (for things I doubt I can do this month but need doing eventually, my memory is not great so I find it best to at least capture it somewhere).  On the far rights (all the little boxes) is my "Habit Tracker" for weightwatchers, steps taken, alcohol free days, meditation, sleep and my RA.

Under this is the list for the following month so on this page it is "February Notes" so that I can capture more immediate actions too.

It took me a while to create something that works for me and its not pretty, but it really does work and I have used it to provide data for my rheumatology appointments.


Not on my desk but it does tie in with the theme.  For the past 3 years hubby and I have done a gratitude jar.  I cut up scrap papers and not every day, but fairly regularly we write on a piece of paper something we are grateful for that day.  It could be something funny we heard (joke, compliment or a funny overheard conversation), something nice that happened (a gig, exhibition etc) or just something like it was sunny and we sat in the garden.

It costs nothing and takes only a minute to fill in then on New Years Day hubby and I sit down and go through the tin reading out the lovely memories and setting us in the right mind for the start of the new year.



Each of these "diaries" take only a minute to capture each day, so for 3 minutes a day I get to have  a clear picture of key events, tasks, habits and planning and cost pennies.

Hopefully it is something I will continue doing for a few years to come.

Happy crafting for 2019

Kyla

13 comments:

  1. Love the idea of your gratitude jar! what a great start to the new year. Happy 500 to you - we've been doing this some time, too!! Helen #??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kyla. I love the idea of a gratitude jar. What a lovely way to end a year and get in the right spirit for the next. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kyla! It's amazing how the years sneak by without us knowing! I heard yesterday that a little toddler I used to look after 20 years ago has just become a Dad....am feeling extremely old at the moment.... ;-). The gratitude jar is an awesome idea!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kyla. I wish you a very happy and blessed new year. That gratitude jar is beautiful. My elder daughter and family do something similar. Each day during Advent, they all have a chocolate and write on the foil wrapping something for which they are thankful that day. They now have three jam jars full of thanks. They started it the year my grandson was diagnosed with cancer at the back of the eye - feeling they still had so much to be thankful for. Well done you.
    It's great to see your journal/diary ideas - hope you manage to maintain them again this year. I wish you well with your rheumatology - my hubby had RA - diagnosed when he was 19 - so I trust the medics find something which really helps.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kyla, some great ideas there.I think it's easier to maintain a system when you have something that works for you, rather than making do with someone elses idea of what works. My memory too is atrocious, lol. Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of sharing a gratitude jar with your husband - I might introduce that idea in my family as well! My hubs loves moaning all the time (in fact I call him a professional moaner) and this would encourage him to look on the bright side of life (and not in a Monty Python manner LOL). Happy New Year, Kyla! Hope you'll find lots of things to be grateful for in 2019! zsuzsa #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 500th WOYWW. I also Bullet journal and have had to streamline it recently having tried various different versions over the past two years...I am hoping my new system will work better.... watch this space. Wishing you a Happy and Creative New Year. Thanks for Sharing. God Bless, Caro x (#20)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 500 and Happy New Year!
    I love the gratitude jar idea.. and how well your 2page spread diary works for you. It always feels like you really achieve something when you steal a creative moment each day. I need to get better at that myself.

    Sumbunneh hugs,
    Erika #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gratitude jar idea. It's still early, I may need to do something like that. I can imagine it will be funny and inspiring by the year's end. Happy New Year! Dorlene #31

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gratitude jar is a lovely idea bet they're great to look back at. Looking forward to another year of friendly creativity. Happy New Year and big hugs, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you had the staying power to develop a bullet journal that really works for you...I like the look of it, the edge with the little boxes for various things is actually invaluable isn’t it. And....that TH tape, it’s worth it on the page edges, just so you can keep the flipping stuff for yourself! Your gratitude jar is lovely, as everyone has said, and I bet you both really look forward to the memories it holds now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 2019, Kyla! I love your gratitude tradition, what a beautiful way to remember the old year and welcome the new! Hugs from Kim #30

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovley memories that gratitude jar must be Kyla! Brilliant idea and so helpful to an upward look. Well done on your other diaries too!
    Pray every blessing for a healthy 2019, hugs Shaz in Oz.x #10

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment