Friday 11 March 2016

Five from one

 As promised I used the sheet of Kanban toppers that I bought at the Exeter show to make 5 cards using my own stash to stretch them.

For the first card I used a sheet of background paper, adding the topper skull strip across the bottom of the card.  I added some black stickles dots as fake gems and cut two butterflies from a masterboard of papercloth I made ages ago and have been slowly using (nearly all gone so I hope to find some time to make another batch as its a really useful item to have in your stash, though it does take a while to make because of the drying time of the glue before you attack it with the sewing machine).


 For card No 2 I used some more of the same background paper and used my scallop scissors (remember them?  I forgot I bought a pair all those years ago when they were popular, I found them during my clear up and remembered how lovely they are to use).  I added some leftover black card from my scrap box (and scalloped this also) and matted and layered the topper with black card, adding some more black stickle 'gems'.


Card No 3 was really quick, I used the large topper and placed it in the middle of the card.  I added a sentiment topper with some foam tape (from the hardware store-much cheaper) for dimension and doodled barbed wire around the edges of the card.


Card No 4 was just as quick and since I was pleased with the previous card I used the same techniques to produce this one.


 Finally Card No 5 was the last of the backing paper and some more off cut black card.  I edged the topper this time with the wedge end of a black promarker (this really is the quickest way to add a coloured border to a topper or card, but you do need a steady hand and not faff as if you falter and stop the colour will bleed).  I then added some more black stickle 'gems'.

There you go, five cards in one session from one topper.  I don't often use toppers (though I do seem to have a lot in my stash to use!) but often you have to really think outside of the box to make them a little different and that's no bad thing.

Happy crafting
Kyla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment