Saturday 17 March 2012

Finally a catch up and another UIU

There is no excuse, what can I say?  Work has gotten in the way of blogging and crafting!!  I know the day job allows me to buy stash and pay the mortgage for my craft room, and I really appreciate that I have a job in this day and age.....but seriously.... work is such stress at the moment and I have been working ridiculous hours that there has been no time to craft (let alone blog!).

But, as its Saturday night I thought I would take the time to blog some of the pieces I have made a few weeks ago (before work got crazy).


This is the 3rd page I have made in my journal.  The words say "she was certain she could so she did" and I drew the ladder to represent the constant pushing I do to myself to climb...either the career ladder at work or the constant striving to improve my creativity.



This is made using the the free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine.  I must admit to copying the example from the magazine as it was perfect as it was!  I used some left over wood, old galvanised wire, ribbon, paint and stamped on leftover card....they cost me nothing to make as they are all made from Use It Ups!  Perfect!!




And finally, this is a card I made for my friends birthday earlier this month (and fellow Coven member) I stamped grunge paper with a heart stamp, coloured it with distress inks and cut it out, adding a grunge leaf stalk, a crystal hat pin and a sentiment.....lovely (well I thought so!!).

So, a few makes and hopefully many more to come as I have just signed up to the Tim Holtz online workshop for  the next two weeks (parting with cash means I will not work stupid hours and will allow myself time to craft.....well that's the idea!)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are.

Li'l pidge x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love my card, thank you hun. :o)
    I always look forward to your cards, you always come up with something so creative. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous stuff as usual, my love!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment