Wednesday 23 August 2023

WOYWW

 Happy What's on your Workdesk Wednesday.  I have stuff on my desk!!  I thought I would try to get a head start and at least get the base layer down on my 365 Journal in readiness for September.  I am almost out of gesso (which I use as a base layer as it helps stop the coloured inks bleeding through the pages) so I do need to go to the art/craft shop-shame!!

My "man bites dog" cards this week are "Scam rips off exec teen!"  well,  in that case not much chance for the rest of us to be honest!!

I thought I would share a couple of other pics, at the weekend I caught the bus to Clevedon.  Its probably the closest beach to Bristol and only 40 min on the bus!  I have NEVER been there before (no idea why) but Bristol Urban Sketchers, of whom I have been a member of for probably more than a decade, did their monthly meet up there.  I was blown away, an amazing town.  A fantastic pier where I sat and sketched for a couple of hours, plus we found some amazing food for sale (lunch sorted) and some amazing walks and a sea infinity lido too!  We will certainly be going back.

clevedon pier

I also thought I would share my latest harvest from the allotments.  My allotment neighbour kindly gave me some flowers and I picked a LOT of yellow courgettes (I have picked even more since this photo 2 days ago!), patty pan squash, beetroot, beans, cucumber, tomatoes and sweetcorn.  All grown outside with no greenhouse etc, am well chuffed.  I also managed to share some with other plot holders and also took a bagful up to my local food bank for them to use too.


So, What's on your workdesk?  Do share as we love to see the inspiration, new stash and ideas.

kyla

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Kyla ๐Ÿ’› smiling here ... needs must so a craft shop you will go ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿงก ohhh the things we have to do ๐Ÿ™ƒ What a fabulous time you had at Clevedon,loving your photos of the pier and in your sketchbook ๐Ÿ“”✏️Tooo your harvest at the lottie ... how good do they look ... nothing beats homegrown ... you're a treasure ⭐️ for sharing. Wishing you good days ahead with much love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kyla. Loved the amazing drawings at the pier and that light post was out of this world. You draw beautifully.

    Not only that, you are a master gardener. I am in awe of all you seem to collect each day. Just amazing. I am so impressed you shared with the food bank. They can always use all the help they can get. At least, I know mine can.

    I had a good laugh at MBD this week, too. Happy WOYWW from # 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you call them yellow courgettes. We call the green ones zucchini and the yellow ones summer squash! What a wonderful haul - and your seaside sketches are gorgeous too.

    Have a happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making quick visits as hubby is off work. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketching , I did see the pics on fb. Good harvest too . Happy woyww Helen #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have visited Clevedon some years ago and must agree, it's a hidden treasure . . like a step back in time.
    Great sketches . . . with a suggestion of more to come.
    Create and enjoy
    Christine #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to discover a place new to you and enjoy it so much! There’s something about British seaside towns and that one looks fab. Well done on your allotment haul too, we have purple French beans coming out of our ears at the moment!
    Hugs LLJ 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made me realise I need to rethink my raised beds for next year as there are so many things I could grow. Loving your sketch of the day out and the Man Bites Dog is an interesting one. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful harvest my friend. I do love some fresh veggies!
    Glenda #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful veggie haul! Now the question is - does Cleveden have a craft shop? I’d call that a real win, Looks very quaint, think we might be off to Bristol for a long w/e will keep it in mind! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #16 (on my ipad - for some reason I’m anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting about Clevedon, and how nice to have it practically on your doorstep! It's no different here, I had to show American visitors around before I even bothered to go to Stonehenge rather than just drive past it now and then!! Am liking th e planning ahead, and good luck leaving a craft shop with just a pot of gesso. Those veggies are a triumph. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful fresh goodies. Do yellow courgettes taste any different to green one? Also wonderful to have some to share. Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sketches, what a gorgeous pier. Going to google infinity lido now.... Hugs BJ#12

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great harvest!
    It sounds as though you had a good trip to Clevedon!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #11

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment