Wednesday 6 September 2023

Woyww

 Happy hump day and What's on your workdesk Wednesday where we share via Julia's blog (link over on the right). This week my workdesk is actually my dining room table. 



Hubby finally found a replacement Harrington but when it arrived the inside pocket hadnt been sewn up! It took him so long to find the waterproof version rather than returning it i decided i would fix it myself, hence the sewing machine!! I did notice the pockets were only sewn with straight stitch at the bottom so to add a bit more strength i did sew a zig zag so am hoping this lasts.


No 'man bites dog' cards this week (forgot) but i also did a little sewing in the garden!! Admittedly it was stringing up my homegrown chillies for drying!! The pin cushion was a gift a few years back from Lunch lady Jan and still going strong! 

So, what's on your workdesk this Wednesday?

Kyla


13 comments:

  1. All round stitcher at work!!! What's a Harrington? Loving the chillies.
    Take care and stay cool
    Christine #16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A jacket with tartan lining worn by mods and skinheads from about thr 70s

      Delete
  2. I also have no idea what a Harrington is, but I like the clever way you are drying your chili peppers. You are truly a great seamstress. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sewing all round !! Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the string of chilis! You can festoon the kitchen with them as they dry. Well done on the sewing - sounds like you made it better then it was as well.

    Happy sunny WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (9)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variety of sewing on display this week Kyla- well done. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and hope your work is appreciated. Sending happy woyww wishes, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour of those chillies, make a lovely Christmas decoration ! Hugs Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning! I hope to get my sewing machine out and running this week, but I'll be sewing a journal cover. LOL. I love seeing chilie's strung up to dry, but can't eat them. LOL Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, apologies but I couldnt comment on your blog (no idea why, probably a blip), thats a LOT of kits you were sorting out! Hope it went ok. Kyla

      Delete
  9. My hubby has had a Harrington in his wardrobe since he was a teenager (half a century ago). Well done for doing the repairs. I still have my pin cushion from Jan as well!! The chillies look super cute, a nice job for the garden. Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love repair work. I love chillies, too, and your's look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I’m not surprised that finding a Harrington wasn’t completely plain sailing, disappointing about the pocket though. Think you did the right thing, might never have seen it agin if it had had to be returned!
    Love the sight of those lovely red chilliest being strung, what a satisfying job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment