Wednesday 13 September 2023

WOYWW

Morning all. not my usual desk as most of my non working days this time of year is taken up with harvesting and preserving.  Gotta love all the end results of the hard work through out the year.  I make lots of jams, chutneys, cordials, fruit vinegar's etc  to see me through the year and now made some piccalilli (made it a couple of years ago for the first time).  Didn't have any cauliflower (the plants take up too much room on my allotment so I tend to buy them as and when we need one)  so bought one from the greengrocers to add to my own produce of tomatoes (red and green), yellow courgettes, onions, garlic and beans.  The piccalilli is a little darker than usual as didn't have enough sugar so had to add some dark brown sugar but sure it will be ok.


Harvest of yellow courgettes, purple climbing beans, raspberries, plums and apples.  This is my first time for years trying to grow cucumbers and this year these outside have been brilliant, called majestic cucumber, I have picked at least one a week for the past couple of months so will deffo be growing these again!



also been super impressed with my toms this year (all grown outside). This is the final harvest as blight has hit.  The garden pearl (small cherry toms) are gown in handing baskets and the tigerella toms I grow each year as they are nice as fried green tomatoes (not this year as they have nearly all ripened!!)  Not sure what to do with them all as I cant be bothered to skin them all before processing so lots of chutney and brushetta I am guessing!

                                                  

Hope everyones week goes ok
kyla


12 comments:

  1. that is some harvest especially the tomatoes! Well done on your productivity. Happy WOYWW Helen #8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Kyla ⭐️🌿πŸ₯’πŸ’•πŸ… what a bumper harvest you have 🀸 that brings back such happy memories for me 😁 Bruschetta and chutney will beeee delish πŸ˜‹ I'm sure I can taste them πŸ˜‹ Adore purple runner beans ... how they climb and flower to create something so tasty 😍 to sunshine courgettes my favourte to grow and eat ... I'm hungry now lol! Your post has made me smile wide πŸ₯° Wishing you much joy in the eating and preserving 😘 love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super harvest, like receiving medals for all the hard work you've put in and I'm sure you will be able to taste the sunshine when you eat your pickles during the dark winter months.
    Take care and have an enjoyable week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to grow those cucumbers, they’re amazing and much tastier than store bought! My variety had spiky skin though and I had to peel them first. It’s strange but while I love all the things that go into Piccalili and chutneys in general, it just doesn’t float my boat. Hope you enjoy yours though after the maturing period!
    Hugs LLJ 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've grown Cauliflowers this year but not sure I will again as they do take up a lot of room both growing and freezing and they attract a lot of butterflies too. Might have a go at the cucumbers and courgettes for a change. Hope you enjoy your Piccalili, my hubbies favourite. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh those different coloured veggies are interesting. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your produce, you could have your own Harvest Festival! Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely amazing harvest, especially the tomatoes. I've never had piccalilli, but it sounds wonderful. Do you ever exchange items you grow with other allotment owners? Seems if you need cauliflower, you could trade with someone who needs or wants cucumbers or tomatoes. Just a thought. You certainly get the most out of the land. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a stunning array of lush goodness and all by your own fair hands. amazing. Those toms look absolutely LUSH!

    Happy lovely day late WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great harvest Kyla. Love piccallili! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love piccalilli, it's such a great end of harvest season creation! Merry harvesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant harvest. I always used to make piccalilli when we had the allotments in the UK. Just starting on our veggie plot here in Aus!
    A bit late but Happy WOYWW! Susan #7

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment