Wednesday 9 August 2023

WOYWW

 Morning all, hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you all if you have had time off?  On the plus side, haven't had to water the allotments as much.  Downside is the slugs love this weather!

One my desk this week are some off cuts I have separated into files depending on their colours (almost smacks of me tidying the craft room-shhhh, don't let that rumour spread!).  Must admit I do find it easier if I do this when I need to make a quick card.  Also on my desk is my blank bullet journal that I am catching up on and my "man bites dog" cards this week are "Heiress falls for naked hero!"


I was lucky to have a day off last week and for a change it was mainly dry so we drove down to Sidmouth folk festival for the day and caught up with my mum too.  Its the festival 69th year and something I have been attending for about 10 years or so and love the real mix of events you get,

I sat in the sensory garden listening to sound checks taking place on the main stage (Barbara Dixon was playing that afternoon) and decided to sketch what was in front of me!  We were also able catch up with a good friend who works there (and is in an excellent punk band my hubbys band  has supported).


Back home I picked this harvest from the allotment.  Radish, radish seed pods, plums, berries, herbs, edible flowers, green and red lettuces, patty pan summer squash, yellow courgettes and purple climbing beans (already picked a LOT of runner beans too).  Must admit the courgettes and beans often get shared with my neighbours and have taken a couple bags into work to share amongst my colleagues too!

So, What's on your workdesk wednesday?  

kyla

11 comments:

  1. nothing so impressive on my desk- what a crop of veg and fruit. The Sidmouth festival sounds fun. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that harvest Kyla. Sounds like a fun festival. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh went to Sidmouth ONCE in all the years we have been in the UK and loved it. Maybe one day we'll find time to go again. Your allotment haul is amazing. I love making Zucchini cake with courgettes so maybe look in to that. So lovely, and never dry!
    Happy desk-hopping day!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Kyla.
    Love the garden haul. Right now, all I'm getting are green peppers but found a watermelon about the size of soft ball this morning and tomatoes are coming.
    As a romance writer, I love the Man Bites Dog cards for this week! LOL
    Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful harvest my friend. I'm still getting a few cucumbers and a tomato here and there but I'm looking forward to Fall clean up and coming inside for the colder months!
    Glenda #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was nearly blown away by all the wonderful and healthy veggies and herbs you picked. I could live for a month on what you picked in one day.

    Living in the states, I was not familiar with the Sidmouth festival. I certainly like your drawing, though.

    Had to laugh at the MBD cards this week. I always look forward to them. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Barbara Dickson has a great voice, we saw her a couple of times back in our Newcastle days! The Sidmouth festival sounds fab, glad you enjoyed it! And I’m all for tidying if it means wasting less time searching for stuff afterwards!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the cards made me smile this week - love your sketch painting and your mini travel paints kit. Hugs BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your veggies look great, I picked and cooked my first cauli last week and it was lovely but if I grow them again I need some better netting as those white butterflies thought it was their birthday. Intertesting 'Man Bites Dog' too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely amount of fresh produce. A lot of work I know so enjoy it all. Angela #21

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh what a haul!! It all looks so fresh and lovely! I've been tidying the craft room again today (and intermittently ironing - makes it bearable). I wish I was naturally tidy but I'm not. It is surprising how many genres of things are to be found in 3 different places - no wonder I can never find anything! Hubby has just good naturedly emptied my bin - as I tidy I weed so there is all sorts in there. Of course I don't sort it because I know he will. He says he likes a challenge! Great MBD this week. Sorry I am so late, the week went downhill from Weds lunchtime, as it often does, so here I am playing catch up. Enjoy the rest of the week! Love n hugs Cindyxx #13

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment