Wednesday 2 February 2022

WOYWW


Happy hump day where we share What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Well, on my desk this week its a bit of a mess to be honest.  I am finishing off my February 365 Journal (amazed I am only a couple days behind!) and also on my desk is my Moleskin sketchbook.


I realised from the comments last week the image wasn't too clear so this was the stamp that I was using and I must admit I do love this saying.


This is a closeup of my sketchbook.  At the weekend the Bristol Urban Sketchers that I have belonged to for quite a few years now did a virtual zoom sketch from Mahon in Spain!!  I decided to sketch 3 locations, one was a night scene on the edge of the coast with all the buildings and boats lit up, one was a rocky coast and the one in the middle a lovely old building.


My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week (ironically) are actually 'Convict Dog bites Star!!'   or possibly 'Convict star bits dog'

Happy crafting
 Kyla

10 comments:

  1. That is a great stamp! Love the virtual sketches again. Have a good week Happy WOYWW Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Erma Bombeck. I have made MANY minibooks using her column called Children Are Like Kites.... and I swear just thinking about the last line, and the sentiment behind it, brings a tear to my eye even now. Love all the little day squares - each a mini work of art.

    Back on track :D
    Mary Anne (8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll try again, my comment disappeared before I could click publish.......... I loved Erma I miss her column A great stamp and I miss the great Johnny Carson's humor I quit late night TV shows their humor wasn't funny. Enjoy a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ashamed to say that while I’ve heard of Erma Bombeck, I don’t know much about her - that’s something to rectify! I loved the sentiment, thanks for zooming in on it for us shortsighted folks!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon Kyla. Just love the stamp - never heard of the author, but it's great! Well done on the sketch.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a funny stamp, seize the day for sure! Erma Bombeck is hilarious! Your sketch looks lovely - great work! Have a great week, Lindart #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I haven’t heard that before. Great sentiment for journals and cards. I have not heard of Erma Bombeck - Google coming up. Take care. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketching again Kyla - such fun to do a virtual visit to places. I'd not come across that quote before I must admit. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness! Great sentiment on the stamp! Love your sketch. What a great scene. Thanks for the peek at what you are doing. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kyla. Love the sentiment and the sketch is brilliant. 'Man bites Dog' is interesting this week. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment