Wednesday 9 February 2022

WOYWW

 Morning all, just a quick update from me this week, on my desk is my one sketch a day journal my brother and sis in law got me for Christmas.  Rather than stressing and trying to do a sketch a day I am doing as suggested by a fellow Bristol Urban Sketcher and doing one every couple of days (or about every 3 or 4 days as it turns out).

Whilst some of the sketches have been exploring shading etc I must admit I am loving doing various cartoon sketches, especially Rod Biddulph (which is the girl with the red haired top knot on the top right of the book)!!  His videos are so easy to follow and just suit my learning style (aimed at kids, I am not going to pretend, but I enjoy them and that's the point!).

My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week....ooooh, it's been a while since I thought about him but 'Indicted Prez Bites Wife'!!!!  No comment, moving swiftly along, What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?


Kyla

9 comments:

  1. It’s the doing, not the age group or committed frequency…and the enjoying, so I think you have it spot on. That Biddulph character is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketches and, if your not on a timed theme, then just enjoy . . .
    Have a good week
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s the enjoyment that counts, if it makes you happy go with it! Happy WOYWW Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I wonder what the crime was? maybe his wife reported him and he's getting his own back by biting her Hee! Hee! I so love these cards. They would be great to use with children in an English lesson. Write a story based on this, what fun. If you enjoy something just go with it. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - indited Pres bites wife...I can see it now. But he will get away with it, be sure of that! I'm glad you are not stressing out over the daily drawing, every few days is a good choice, and you will have them all in one journal to enjoy later! And of course, the reason we do our art is enjoyment - you do you! Have a great week, Lindart #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a fair compromise to me Kyla. Far less stressful and therefore more enjoyable. Had to laugh at Man Bites DOg cards this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the sketches are fab and they're meant to be fun not a(nother) chore.... wow, those MBD today are quite telling! have a great week, sorry I'm late work was manic, no time at lunchtime to start desks Helen #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you doing sketches for fun. Great job with them. Have a great week. Sharon #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Better if SHE bites HIM - he deserves it! Loving the sketch and yeah, me too, aimed at kids is just my speed and level when drawing. Top Knot Gal is adorable
    Late again . . . but so very VAXED :)
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment