Wednesday 5 January 2022

WOYWW

 Happy first What's on Your Workdesk of 2022!

I hope that you were able to celebrate in what ever way you do and our thoughts are with those that are no longer with us and their loved ones at this time of year.

It was quiet for us, just the two of us BUT it was time off work so that is always a brucie bonus!

On my workdesk this week is my 365 journal for January all ready and started to be filled in and also a "One Sketch a Day" visual journal which was a Christmas present from my brothers family


No idea once I am back in the throws of the day job how behind I will get with it (I get behind with Inktober each year) but I like the idea of doing more sketches as I often get out of the habit.  My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week are "Fake Judge Stuns Killer"!!  Wow, moving swiftly on!

This is a closer look to my first 3 sketches, they are copied from some books I have like "Sketching for the absolute beginner" by Peter Cronin (Christmas gift from hubbie)


Also this week saw our tradition from the past few years where we sit down and go through our Gratitude Jar.  Its just an old coffee tin covered in tape and inside I keep a pen and a small clip with cut up backing papers.  Then, whenever something we are grateful for happens we make a note of the date and one line summarising.  Then each new year we sit down and randomly pick one and read them out loud.  Even with the past couple years there has been things we have been grateful for, it may be as simple as a dailywalk listening to bird song or a video call with family or friends, simple pleasures.


So, What's on your workdesk this Wednesday?

Happy crafting

Kyla

8 comments:

  1. I think it’s important to be thankful for the little pleasures in life. The world around us is a bit doom and gloom! Happy WOYWW. Angela #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kyla. I think your Gratitude jar is just wonderful. How beautiful to write down all that you have been grateful for, and then to take the time to go through it together. Brilliant..
    All the best with keeping up with you journals!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gratitude jar is a brilliant idea, truly, and a great way to appreciate the things in life, however small they may be. That new journal is great and prefect for sketching!
    Happy 2022, may it be full of fun and crafting!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of your gratitude jar, I've heard a couple of people who do it too. Enjoy your sketching, hope you share the results. Happy New Year to you both. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit late tonight but always try to get round everyone if possible so I'm here to wish you Happy New Year. The gratitude jar is a great idea, i think we all need one. Have a lovely woyww and a great week. Hugs, Angela x20x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall you mentioning your jar in past years and I always thought it was such a great idea. I alwys thing "I should do that" and then I never do. I really really should. But will I? {sigh}
    Happy New Year and Happy 1st WOYWW of 2022!
    Mary Anne (11)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to start the year with a gratitude jar Kyla. Good luck with your daily sketch challenge - it is a fun thing to do and very relaxing. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be lovely to start a new journal, all those pages to fill and oh, the smell of new paper. Bliss. doesn’t matter if you do one a day or not, you’ll never be behind because the whole point is to DO. Hope the gratitude jar prompted some nice memories. As for the MBD cards, well, I always project straight to the USA when they get a bit bizarre, which is probably v wrong! Happy and healthy New Year to you gal. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment