Wednesday 12 January 2022

WOYWW

Morning peeps and happy What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.  A quick update from me as bit chokka with work so haven't had time to craft (or much else to be honest) BUT I did get a chance to do some mending!  I noticed my gloves had a hole in them!  Well, those that know me are well aware that I am "frugal" and will try to mend or reuse stuff if at all possible (it is how I was brought up and it never really left me!).  So on my desk are my gloves and a pin cushion that I believe was a gift many years ago from Lunchlady Jan which is still my pin cushion and is kept in my sewing box and used all the time!


The gloves only took about 10 mins to fix so hopefully they will last me through the rest of the winter and i can look into a new pair for next winter (though to be honest they will probably be used next winter until they fall apart or family buy me some for next Christmas!)

My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week are 'Hubby Revealed Romantic Tricks' - ooh eer missus!!!

So, What's on your workdesk this week?  If you care to join us then the lovely Queen of Desks (and links etc) can be found the the amazing Julia's blog here

happy crafting

Kyla
 

9 comments:

  1. I always lose gloves and, if I do find them, its always the left glove...its like socks, only no one can tell you're wearing odd socks. I'm house sitting dogs, sooo it's mid day and I'm still not sure if I should do woyww as I may not have any time to 'nip' round and my 'bench this week is someone's dining table with only my computer on it! Cards...it could be, Tricks revealed romantic hubby or romantic tricks revealed hubby! Happy WOYWW (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes the sock thief!!! Liking the other headline options
      Kyla

      Delete
  2. well done on mending your gloves - I'm wearing through the fingers of a reasonably new pair which is so annoying. Hope your work eases soon - although you always seem very busy - and you get some more free time soon. Helen #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to keep a pair of gloves even when the holes are no longer fixable, I just get attached to them! The Man Bites Dog is interesting today....now I wonder what the romantic tricks might be mmmmm..... Hope you get the chance for some crafting soon. Happy creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyla. Oh, well done on mending the gloves. I always mean to do any mending - but usually just carry on using the item until it completely falls apart...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would mend my gloves too if they needed it. Have a great week Angela #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I’m glad that the little pin cushion is still going, I think I made them for the first or second Crop in Burbage all those years ago! I have a pair of those gloves, they help a lot.
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to mend things rather than throwing them away too Kyla. Hope they last you until next winter now they are mended. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opps. I must have missed you on the day. I got these weird wrist warmer things from the local glove factory that are leather, lined with fur, and they actually work surprisingly well to help keep my hands warm. They don't replace gloves but when worn in combination with them, they are super toasty. Got them in a sale for like £5 and sent them out as gifts to load of people who all love them too. Well worth checking out :)

    Stay Safe & Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment