Wednesday 19 January 2022

WOYWW

 Happy Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday and only a short update from me as desk is chokka with work and on the side was my One Sketch a day book (which I havent been doing everyday BUT am trying to do a quick one every other day after a suggestion from a fellow urban sketcher.


Talking of Urban Sketchers, I had another virtual sketch crawl with the Bristol group at the weekend and we went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park (somewhere i have wanted to physically visit for about 5 years).

It was great chatting on video whilst sketching and sharing our results as a group a couple hours later.  I was hoping to sketch a few but only managed one as it was more detailed than I realised! I used posca pens and also some watercolours for the landscape.

On my desk this week my "Man Bites Dog" cards are 'New Naked Angel' - well, I will watch Dr Who with interest then!!  Just don't blink ;-)

Happy crafting

Kyla

6 comments:

  1. It’s just an idea, but have you thought of doing screenshots of virtual scenes? That way you could do several if you wanted to. I wondered if is possible to zoom in on areas or is the idea to sketch the whole scene? Have a great week Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch Kyla - those Posca pens really make the sculpture pop. Every other day sounds like a good challenge for your sketching too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to the YSP too, I follow a blog of someone who goes a lot and have envy!! great sketch. Hope you have a good week Helen #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you it's so long since I went to the YSP, I hardly like to think how long ago it must be. Loving the sketch you did, what a fun piece. 'New Naked Angel'? no ideas. Have a happy woyww, Angela x1x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame Yorkshire is so far away :). I love a good Sculpture Garden. Locally we have Sculpture by the Lake and really enjoy going there when the weather is lovely and warm. I think your sketching is always fabulous and the background is really great - as is the rooster, of course!

    Stay Safe & a late but Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems we all like a bit of a sculpture park! I love the sculpture you chose to draw, it’s almost an iconic image isn’t it. Can’t imagine where the cards are leading us this week, but will sort of be keeping my eyes open!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment