Wednesday 15 December 2021

WOYWW and Bristol USK

Morning peeps and happy hump day which means we share What's on our Workdesks on a Wednesday thanks to the amazing queen of desks Julia (link over on the right).

On my desk this week are a couple of birthday cards I am making.  We have more birthdays in December than in any other month of the year!  I also put some sparkly multicoloured lights on around my desk and also my spider plant.  I don't tend to do much in the way for Christmas decorating but I must admit I tend to do sparkly lights in my craft room all year round - well why not?  



On the right of my desk is my "Fabulous people" address book and on the left is my travel sketch book from Oxfam that i use for urban sketching.  This weekend rather than an actual meet up the Bristol Urban sketchers did a virtual sketch crawl in Toledo in Spain and I managed to call in for the last 50 mins, so only managed a quick street sketch from Googlestreet view but it was lovely to actually spend some time sketching and chatting, albeit virtually, with the other sketchers


 Forgot to get my "man bites dog" cards out this week as its been a hectic couple weeks at the pay the bills job and I keep piling jobs up at home so only just remembered it was Tuesday (when I took the photo) and that I missed the last WOYWW and was determined to meet up this week! Hopefully I will remember next week!

So, whats on your workdesk this wednesday?

kyla

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to do the virtual street sketching! I have been enjoying walking tours and driving through Alpine passes on YouTube recently, am a bit addicted to them!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed a virtual hook up with the sketch group at least Kyla. Great sketch! We have a few family birthdays in December too especially hubby (24th) and Mum (27th) so Christmas always stretches out a bit longer. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got to sketch, even if virtually, it's a great street scene. I don't put much up in the way of decorations either as I am too lazy to tidy up properly! Thanks for your card, it came today. happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyla, don't ask where I've been but I've only just got round to opening the laptop. It's interesting but there seem to be lots of Birthdays here too. If you count back nine months there is a likely hood that they were mum's easter present Lol! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered how different is it sketching from a small screen as opposed to “live’. I am not sure I have enough confidence to set up and sketch in public. At least you get to sketch without the air travel! Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sketches are always lo fab - and I really admire your dedication to doing it and can see the improvement over time. I just am lousy at that sort of sticktoitivness! Enjoy your cardmaking and do share :) always nice to see some inspiration lest I just keep making variations of the same cards year on year....
    Late AGAIN, but Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment