Sunday 3 January 2016

Misfortune stamp carving

 On an earlier post I mentioned that fellow coven member Anna bought me some 'misfortune cookies' and Doug (Shaz silverwolf's hubby) suggested they would make a good stamp so I thought I would give it a go.

First I hand drew an image based on the cookie and transferred the image using carbon paper onto a rubber (the fake £50 note...no I am not made of money but these large flat rubbers are perfect for carving and only £1 each).

 Then I carved the image out of the rubber

 I inked the stamp and made a few first impressions to highlight areas that I needed to tidy up and finish off carving. 


 and there you have it, my new stamp


Thanks to Doug for the idea, now I have a new one off stamp and used up some of my ever expanding stash!!

Happy crafting
kyla


7 comments:

  1. Great fun and a good crafty start to 2016! Make sure you know where that stamp is for Halloween, it will be ideal.
    Happy New Year
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great image. well done on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Kyla, Doug will be chuffed it worked out so well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's worked really well!! Clever you :-)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. am well pleased well done Kyla :) (Doug)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you don't mind me naming and shaming you ☺

      Delete
  6. Brilliant idea and typically you image!!!!
    Happy New Year!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment