Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Am I the only one who walks around a DIY store with scissors?


I have to come clean, I cannot pass by a freebie...especially recycled freebies.  Skips, bins, swaps, freecycle....and I am a hoarder-this does not make for a good mix!

Over the years I have amassed quite a lot of wallpaper samples.  You know, in the DIY superstore you can rip bits off to take home and decide if you would like to buy it.

Now, I have always seen this as a crafting freebie and even take scissors along so that I can take some nice cleanly cut pieces.

However, I have gotten out of the habit of using them-so I have set myself a challenge to use up some (but not all-that would be unrealistic!!) over the coming weeks.

So here is my first card


This wallpaper has a gently glitter on it and I teamed it with a quote which I mounted on purple card and blue metallic card to complement the printed butterfly.

I also added some butterfly stickers (which are on acetate with a holograph background so they sort of flutter) and hey presto, a quick card from snippets that would have gone in the bin!

One down...several more to go!

I am entering this in the Snippets playground challenge

Happy crafting

Kyla

2 comments:

  1. Clever girl! I've never thought of taking my own scissors for wallpaper/border samples :)

    Super card and I love how you backed the sentiment!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment