Sunday 9 September 2012

Wet and wild

I hope you managed to enjoy your weekend, and those of you in the UK....it was a sunny weekend-I hope you managed to make the most of it?

I certainly did.....I managed to do 2 wild swims this weekend.  I donned my new bright yellow swim cap (so that fishermen and canoeists can see you), wet suit and surf booties (to keep my poor tootsies warm) and off I went....I cannot swim very far, but I do love it.  

Sometimes if I walk with a stick (when my rheumatoid arthritis flares up) down to the beach I get odd looks, but once if the water....I'm off and its like I haven't a care in the world!



On the craft front, I must admit I am a little obsessed with tags, and after making SO many I decided to start using them to make cards.  Now I make tags especially for cards as they add some lovely dimension to the cards.


This card had a mixture of distress dyed ribbon across the bottom, hand cut bunting at the top, a mini ticket and some torn music score all backed onto some muted but summery flowery papers.

Right, off the watch the rest of the paralympic closing ceremony...I have watched the paralympics every night (and especially Adam Hills Last Leg...the after hours show).  I don't normally like sport but this has been fantastic, especially the wheelchair rugby (I can now see why it is called murder ball!).

Happy crafting

Li'l pidge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment