Tuesday 18 September 2012

Cracking weekend

 Hello peeps, did you all have a nice weekend?  I know I did.

I travelled down to Exeter with my hubby for a visit to the 'Crikey Its Vintage' fair.  We are both influenced by the 1940's and 50's and love the whole rockabilly style, and lets face it as crafters we tend to be hoarders too....so a vintage fair is a great day out!

 I fell in love with the black and gold tea set below but was very restrained (well its only 2 pay packets until he big NEC craft fair!!), there was also a fab combo on double bass and guitar called The Bonneville Barons that were playing swing music during the day, complete with a record stall (which kept hubby happy!), retro makeup and hair parlour and LOTS of lovely jewelry and clothes....a fabulous day out, all for an amazing £2 entry fee.  I have been to LOTS of vintage fairs and this is the BEST.

I was lucky enough to also manage a quick dip (it was quick as the sun was setting) in the sea at Sidmouth, the reason I wear a bright yellow cap is so boats and fishermen can easily spot you!



I finished the weekend off with a spot of crafting.  Fellow Coven member, Trace, had her birthday yesterday so I made this card for her.

I created the background with dylusion sprays, stamped a TH grunge background stamp with distress stains then used a baby wipe through sequin waste to 'lift' a little of the colour then used the spray and flick technique to lift a little more colour.

I matted this onto a card and added a torn page from a marine engineers instruction manual (gotta love these finds!) which I aged with distress inks.

Then I used some of the leftover homemade background and cut a tattered flower, added a crystal pin and 3 gems in the centre and added a motorbike brad (as she is a biker).  Then finished it all with a hand coloured witch that I cut out and added a little glossy accents to.

I must admit, I have never been a fan of making my own backgrounds (they always look rubbish when I make them) but the dylusion sprays are so great and the stencils and grungy stamps make it much easier, I think I will have another go!

Anyhoo....off to catch up with this weeks Dr Who I missed!

Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment