Tuesday 24 July 2012

What do you do to protect yourself?

 Hello from a sunny west country!  Yep, finally Summer appears to have arrived...lets hope it decides to unpack its suitcase and stay a while!


Last week on WOYWW  was a small orange dolls dress.  I gesso'd the dress, stamped it and made a chain belt for it which I attached small items, a wrench, sewing machine etc....all items that a woman has at her disposal as part of her daily life.


The box was a left over freebie from fellow Coven member Trace and Julie's dad gave me some edging-thanks girls.  I thought I would make something to represent a Woman's Armour-some days we wear certain clothes to protect ourselves (a suit for  a meeting may put us in the right frame of mind for example) but I find that being a woman means I can do ANYTHING....so long as I have the correct tools (and a large dose of bloody mindedness!)



 The box represents all the tools a woman uses, clothes, a bit of bling, food, sewing, timekeeper, keeper of family contacts and memories.....so many tools!





The box was covered in vintage book pages and whitewashed with a little distress ink to add some age, I added feet which were old domino's.

A one of  a kind piece, I put my heart and soul into it, and I must admit, I really quite like it-it's not my usual style but does sum up my determination to try and do EVERYTHING in my life!!!!

I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Hey Girl and can be found here

I hope you get to enjoy the sun for those in the UK, and Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge x

1 comment:

  1. Gosh this is gorgeous! All the little details and work that has gone into this certainly shows and shows it well.
    It is rather lovely to have sunshine again isn't it? Enjoy it and don't forget to protect your skin!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment