Wednesday 27 April 2011

YES! I finally have my craft room back AND hot water (boy, the first bath since boxing day was certainly welcomed! We do have an electric shower so no, we didn't hum since Christmas,but through all that snowy weather in Jan and Feb it really isn't the same as a deep, long, hot, bubble bath!!).

So, back to some crafting. This card is a gate fold card, but to find out who it's from the recipient has to undo the corset card! I am loving the paper-the background is quite glossy and the pattern is slightly raised and matt, adding some great texture.

Can you guess what the paper is?

Did you guess? It's wallpaper!!! How cool is that? I'll share a crafty secret with you....pop along to your DIY store and in the wallpaper department there are some great papers....ask, you'll be allowed to cut off some samples and hey presto unusual paper for free!!

So, what have I been up to this Easter? This weekend saw the wedding celebrations of friends of ours Chris and Helen (congratulations you guys) . They love the 50's rockabilly styling and got married in Vegas. Helen looked stunning with her bright red hair and Vivian Holloway white wedding dress-simply stunning.

So I designed this card for them. On pearl card I stamped in white, very pale grey and red (stamping it off the paper first to lighten the stamped image) with some 50's inspired stamps.

I then stamped a sailor Jerry inspired tattoo heart and stamped their initials with stamps that look a little like the CBGB font, adding a couple of scroll peel offs and matt and layered it on red mirror card and holographic card for a little sparkle, finishing it off with some organza ribbon.



In case you were wondering, I coloured the image with pro markers.


I hope you are all crafting and if you are in the UK and enjoying the nice weather-remember you can craft outside!!


Happy crafting

Li'l Pidge x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment