Wednesday 21 April 2010

A cruddy time...

Boo-having a bit of a cruddy time at work, but hey, I still have a job when loads of people don't. The bigger cruddy news is on the health front, not life threatening, but I am on lots of tablets (so not liking the steroids, don't feel like I can fly much at the moment) and in pain and not sleeping-thank god for crafting!
And when I hit a crafting block, a quick scout around the web for some inspiration is always great (and clearing through my old magazine and creating an inspirations book with ideas and techniques-though I do wonder how I can spend quite as much on magazine!! Think of all the crafting stash I could buy!).
So, whilst clearing out my bits and pieces I came across a Fentimans beer mat that I have been keeping-classic!

I haven't taken a photo with my finger curled round (see the furtling picture) but you can guess what it looks like!! and Fentimens make the best ginger beer around-totally natural and very strong.

I have been trying to use up some of my stash as I am going to a craft show soon (need to make some space for more stash!!) so I made a coaster for my desk at work, from an MDF blank coaster, which I applied a layer of gesso, I stamped some of the ornate ironwork stamps from PaperArtsy around the edges, over stamping at the corners with a floral flourish, adding a touch of stickles glitter for a subtle bit of office bling I then edged the coaster with a variety of distressed inks, adding a vintage page and a bee stamp. I then gave it 2 coats of yatch varnish
to protect it from the hot mugs.

Now I have a lovely coaster at work to remind me of the creative of my life (I just hope the smell of yatch varnish disappears soon!!!)
Li'l Pidge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment