Monday 5 April 2010

Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter-its cold and grey, so must be a bank holiday!

My lovely hubby bought me my favourite chocolate (made in Dorset and utterly devine) and now there is barely room in my belly for a end of holiday glass of red wine-oooh, there.....there in the corner, just enough space...yes!


Some of you may have noticed that my blogging is not as sporadic as usual, this is because I bought a netbook and we got wi-fi, so I dont need to share the PC or sit downstairs to type, I can now craft and upload the photos all in one room-so much easier.

So, what have I been up to?

Well I have bought some wonderful products from torbay textiles and hand made myself a scarft, and made one for my mum for an easter surprise.


You start with what looks like black knitted netting....


You then weave through some wonderful dyed fibres, cloth, whatever you feel works really.

Then you use a sewing machine and sew up, down and along at various points to secure the thread, then you end up with a wonderful, individual scarf


I love it! Depending on the fibres you use and the order you use them in, I imagine the effect will be different every time.



I have also been making some cards with a beach penguin theme! I made one for a good friends birthday, loved it so much I decided to use up all the paper making a batch of them!




I also managed to send another cheque to charity this week, this time £50 to SENSE who work with the deafblind, a worthy cause.

Anyhoo-need to crack on with making a birthday present, so happy crafting



Li'l Pidge x

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Kyla,

    What is the name of this knitted netting product you bought from Torbay Textiles? I've been searching for a product like this for 2 years...Found your blog very haphazardly...

    Thanks for sharing this scarf! Holy cow - it's gorgeous!!!

    Check out my new worldwide Giveaway!
    Peace,
    LuLu
    WOYWW #46
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment