Monday 11 August 2008

Toothache motivates me to craft!

I know it's hard to believe-but 4 days of
toothache and I got my mojo back!
My dentist says its my widsom teeth playing up and to see how things go over the next week or so-wisdom eh? I knew it was in there somewhere! Anyway, between feeling
sorry for myself and the ironing I managed to make a monochrome flower shaker card for my friend Sam's birthday and the double heart card is mounted onto vellum and then acetate with a couple of beads and thread to keep all the layers together. Then to top it all I managed to make a R.A.K. A.T.C. (Random act of kindness artist trading card) for the organiser of this months Crafts Beautiful forum ATC swap (I wont post a photo yet just in case the person concerned reads the blog beforethe post comes!), then walked in the rain to the local post office to post them (I can only spend so long at home feeling sorry before I go stir crazy and need to get some fresh air!).

Then to top it all (the mojo was still active) I managed to finish my first proper altered art project. Inspired by the magazine Cloth Paper Scissors. They are EPNS cutlery coloured with alcohol inks and then wire, beads, threads and sequins wound around them and then I cut words from an old book (well, I copied them first as I really couldnt bring myself to cut a book up, even if it was only 40p in a charity shop-its a book after all!) which I mounted in a box frame that I also decorated.

For a first attempt I am really pleased, it has pride of place on the mantle piece, but now I have to think what to do with it (and all the other pieces of cutlery I bought at the thrift shops, let me know if you have any ideas!).

Anyhoo, pain killers and my bed are calling (with of course my copy of this month's CardMaking and Papercraft that I bought today) so happy crafting.

Li'l Pidge



1 comment:

  1. Stunning work Kyla.

    I also scout for the Insirational blog, and wondered if I have your permission to showcase these on there please. I will PM you on CB for your permission!
    Jx
    aka draytonlady

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment