Wednesday, 12 August 2026
Woyww
Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday. So, nowt on my desk today but yesterday a whole different story! I took the day off and started by going foraging at 0730!! Loads of elderberries so i made some elderberry brandy and my first batch of elderberry vinegar this year.
I rig up a system that allows me to filter the vinegar after a few hrs steeping freeing up my hands.
the brandy will steep for about 3 months before I filter that.
I hope to make another batch of the vinegar as I use it almost ever day on salads as well as in cooking.
Now off to pick more beans on the allotment!!
kyla
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Both elder products sound great! It does look a bit like a gore fest in your kitchen though lol! We’ve got runner beans everywhere atm, am giving loads away as I love them fresh but detest frozen ones!
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 2 xx
that's an interesting method you have there and I know it will be worth it. Just had the last of my Artichokes this week. Happy woyww, Angela x7x
ReplyDeleteHappy too-hot WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteClever girl :) Not a fan of any sort of Brandy, but beans? Yes please!
Mary Anne (6)
Enjoy your produce! I love seeing what you get up to. Happy woyww Helen #3
ReplyDeleteYour elderberry vinegar and brandy sound great. Do you start your vinegar with a mother?
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx
No i just use cider vinegar as a base, but one of the coder vinegar bottles did have the mother, but not usually
DeleteYep, that is a brilliant but definitely ‘rigged up’ system. Great results. Never thought to make brandy! Hope you enjoy all your time off!
ReplyDeleteYour photo of the strainer had my memory whizzing back to the 1950s when my mother used to make jelly by putting fruit through a muslin strainer that looked very much like yours. She had it hanging from a pole balanced between two kitchen chairs and it dripped into a basin beneath. Have a great week. Elizabeth #13
ReplyDelete