Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Woyww

Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday and hope everyone is ok with the extreme weather, the heat, storms, fires and earthquakes all in the news this week. on my desk this week, was going to be some journalling but at work i noticed a hole in my very thin and cool, floaty top i wear a lot to work in hot weather!! so, got home from work and decided to mend it otherwise i would forget!! I couldn't remember where the brown threads were.....of course they were in the wooden box I made marked threads!!
not a big hole but it's an old top so the material is very thin and fragile
but, I think the mending was ok and to be honest I doubt anyone will notice and hopefully it will now see me through the summer.
another item fixed, so I am totally adding that to my to do list and crossing it straight off (surely I am not the only one who does that??!). Am classing that as a win for the week!! happy crafting kyla

6 comments:

  1. Happy pre-knitting WOYWW!
    Timely! I have a few thin summer tops, just like this, quite fragile material (so very cool to wear!) and many of them need mending - my height makes it so I keep getting a bit caught on the stupid lever door knobs - all of them, if they are ripped, are ripped in the same damn spot! Well done - and a total win - for dealing with it immediately :D
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're as bad as me I hate throwing things away that I like and have worn for years so keep mending them. Well done you. Happy and creative woyww, Angela X7X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for mending your favourite top - it sounds very cool to take you through the hot weather.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on more mending . I have trouble finding thin pretty, cool tops ! Hope your allotment is coping in the heat . Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to mending, super job. Hugs Bj#11

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is totally an add and cross off job if ever I saw one! Funny how we have to be out or at work before we notice these things; o was at a friends last week when she pointed out a ‘rip’ on the back of my dress. Luckily it was a tear very close to the seam so it’s been sort of darned! And of course, I think it’s genius to store threads in the box marked threads, it’s not a guarantee after all!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment