Wednesday 17 April 2024

Woyww

 Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday. Well mine is a mess! I decided to clean my plant labels i collected from around the allotments. I have a lot of wooden labels but also some plastic ones which i reuse as many times as i can before they snap. So, i clean them with acetone (or fake nail remover as it appears to be called in our cheapo shops). Seems to work ok, not brilliant but good enough to be able to reuse.



Forgot to do my 'man bites dog' cards this week as was rushing as this was my desk late last night. At the back of my desk is a new roll of double sided tape, i was looking for a scotchtape advance refill but none of the shops seem to sell it now and oneline it was well over £8 a roll!!! We shall see how i get on with this, i do love my tape gun so a bit gutted that i cant get decent refills now.

Anyway, whats on your desk?

Kyla 

9 comments:

  1. I suppose most people wouldn't know what acetone was if it was labelled correctly!! Shame you can't get the refills for your tape gun; I hope your substitute works ok. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummmm. Is that like an ATG? If so, Viking used to have very affordable refill rolls, although you did have to buy maybe 6 at a time. Have a look? And you undersheet for the cleaning almost looks like art LOL! Bet if you scanned and printed it it would look like great collage paper.... :D
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is hard to find any of the things we use to like !!! It's no doubt sitting on a ship somewhere. So many shops out of business and our MAIL service sucks, but we have to order alot online. He has quite a few garden rows done but we had a huge storm and now lots of water ponds and tree branches to rake the small and load the larger. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find a good refill for your tape gun. It’s always tricky when suppliers swap and change. You’ll have to show us your garden when things are in bloom.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely use that under sheet for something! I recently went for a Chinese mean where the tables were covered in paper. My cousin took a photo of the subsequent stains on our 'cloth' as she was sure it could be used in her artwork...
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good idea cleaning the plant labels. It's annoying when you can't get refils for stuff and hope the new tape works okay. Sending woyww hugs Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to be getting ready for gardening season! Hope the "fake nail polish remover" works! I suppose you have checked Amazon for the tape refill, that's were I used to get mine, but I don't really use it any more. Have a great week, Lindart #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. It never ceases to amaze me that if you find the perfect product, “they” stop making it! Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment