Wednesday 10 April 2024

Woyww

 Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday. Been a bit busy with the pay the bills job (always the same mid march through april) so wasnt able to make all the blog returns last week, apologies. On my desk this week is random stuff, on the right is a folded piece of new fabric, no idea why i bought it as i have tons of fabric BUT (there is always a but when it comes to new stash!) I really liked the pattern and could instantly think of patterns that would fit the fabric! 

In the middle is a mistake buy! I bought slightly cheaper brown card blanks, big mistake as they are really thin, hence i am having to stick a background papers on to add some strength! Not a mistake i will make again  should have stuck with my usual brand. One the left is some multicoloured scrap card i made with various inks for my jounral page and thought i could use the left overs. Middle back is my new masking fluid bottle, not used it yet but the watercolour course i am trying to do uses it so now no excuse not to try restarting the course!

As to my Man Bites Dog cards this week, well i would rather not think about that as i am picturing a certain american, fake tanned wannabe president!!! 

Moving swiftly on.....my fire cider is ready (recipe i got off the riverford website) and i have now filtered it and have been using it most days, no where near as garlicky as it was a week ago so think i would make that again once this runs out (says it lasts 6 months in the fridge). 


Also just a quick photo of my latest pickings off the allotment. Still picking purple sprouting broccoli but now my forced rhubarb is ready and still picking various winter salads (no greenhouse just outside under a cloche).

So, what's on your workdesk?
Kyla

10 comments:

  1. What a shame about the brown card, it does look quite thin... so hard to tell when you're buying online. I love rhubarb... might have to get some for a pudding at the weekend... Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made mistakes like that before and ended cutting it up using it for other stuff as by the time you've put layered anything on them they wont stand up. Nice rhubarb. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So annoying when that happens. I bought some "manila" tags once and luckily grabbed a photo of them on Amazon. It didn't look quite right but I took a chance. Yep. The photo had been edited to make it look manila but they were cheap thin brown paper. Photo evidence and refund granted. But still annoying! I am terrified looking at your MBD cards. Please, NOT AGAIN!! Enjoy the Fire Cider!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (9)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh heavens my mind went to the same place when I saw the word 'tycoon'. no words really. I do hate flimsy card. Someone gifted me a pack of A4 cards which I never make. They were incredibly flimsy (would never have stood up). Cut them down to make a6 side and top folding cards which I can use as I nearly always add a mat and an insert is no problem. Love the fabric and good to see you are getting produce from the garden. I have barely been in mine but did notice everything seems a bit out of sync, some things really late (clem. montana) and others v early (poppies). oh well I guess they feel the same as I do about the weather!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your watercolour class! I’m really enjoying mine. I take in a jam jar lid to dab the masking fluid onto, so I can reseal the fluid straight away and stop it clogging up. I use a cheap scriber to apply it as it ruins brushes.
    Yes, we’ve all made online ordering mistakes. It’s good you can still use the thin card.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still only making quick visits. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sometimes the gsm isn’t listed and then I begin to wonder. Nice to take the design round the back though. Have only used masking fluid once, never again, it was so hard to remove (possibly used the wrong paper!). Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up fire cider on Google - it certainly looks like it packs a whollup! No sure my intestines would be up to it! I love masking fluid, or Frisket, it is so much fun on watercolours! And yes, it does ruin brushes! The cards do bring a certain person to mind quickly, but let's focus on the "downsize" card, it would be fun to see him have to sell Mar-a-lago to pay his bills! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric, I think you bought very wisely, I wonder what it will end up being! I've fallen for the cheaper Kraft cards too, they are very disappointing aren't they, live and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you'll make the craft cards good, no problem. Hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment