Wednesday 26 July 2023

Woyww

 Happy Woyww and for once i have new stash! I know, its a bit rare for me to buy anything other than glue or envelopes these days as i have SO much stash to use up. But, i SO couldn't resist these! 


So, there are 2 watercolour paint booklets on the desk. These are brilliant, thin squares of paint on card made into a booklet, perfect for my urban sketching when i like to travel really light. I saw these on a small stall when in London last week, i wasnt looking for anything i was just cutting through when i spotted them! 



Another thing i spotted was this busker and immediately thought of fellow desker, lunch lady Jan! Brass instrument but with flames blowing out the top! I am sure Jan's crafty brain can figure out how to make this, lol! 




Thought i would share a few other photos in case anyone is in Bristol during the summer there is a unicorn trail in the city. 

I have seen quite a few (as well as the gromits and also gorillas in london last week) but its still lovely to walk round a courner and spot one! 


My 'man bites dog' cards this week are 'tough mob boss drops girl!' Mmmmm.

So, what's on your workdesk this week?
Kyla 

10 comments:

  1. those paints look idea for your urban sketching! I love the unicorns, too. happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. How things have moved on from the Cow Parade of so many years ago! Now unicorns, wow. I love the idea of the watercolour sheets, very clever. I have been playing with mine more and more and trying some experiments with them. Like I need one more thing to learn...DOH!
    Happy WOYWW + Knitting day(for ME!)
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A unicorn trail...lovely. Sort of want to see a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow too! The watercolour sheets are very clever, I did not know of such things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick visits today as I seem to be even busier than usual now that the holidays are here. Great paints and unicorns! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing unicorns! Pigment on paper seems a very temporary thing. I would love to know how you get on with them. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I’ve seen tubas used as ‘cannons’ but never as a flame thrower!! Just make sure you blow through the mouthpiece rather than suck, lol! I really like those watercolour sheets you got, a useful bit of new stash, hope you have fun with them xx
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sent a book of those same watercolors like you bought, only mine were like 1 inch squares, not large like yours. They work great when you add a bit of water and they last forever, too. I hope you like yours as much as I did mine.

    Too bad it wasn't "Tough girl drops mob boss."

    LOVE those unicorns. My city has a Native American you will see all over town, but they had a few cows on loan years and years ago. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those little water colour palettes look super useful for you!! If LLJ can get that going in her band they will win everything I'm sure!! Love the unicorns, we have a Morph trail in London this summer, but haven't got off my arse to go and do it. Maybe a day out in August if it doesn't get too hot. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love visiting these 'trails' with the grandsons, so exciting.. We visited our last one by tram . . . . . it was very noisy but I am sure the other passengers enjoyed looking for them too!!!
    Your paint 'book' looks very interesting
    have a good week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love to see your 'Man Bites Dog', it's very interesting this week. The paint book looks useful too. Love the Unicorns, we have Lincoln Imps trail every so often. Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment