Wednesday 12 July 2023

Woyww

 Ah Wednesday again, my desk is rather a mess to be sure! The flat laps we have had for many years have been repaired several times and now they need gluing again! To be honest they are more glue and filler than flat lap so i think this will probably be the last time i can repair them, but hey ho, they will do for now! 


Forgot to grab my man bites dog cards this week and to be honest what with everything that has been in the news this week that's probably not a bad thing! 

Not a desk, but last weekend i was lucky enough to see Blondie (again), Iggy Pop and Billy Idol in Generation Sex and as it was a whole day gig i took my urban sketch kit!

What i hadnt seen at a gig before were performance interpreter's. Just in front of me were 3 of them who signed the entire gig, including air guitar, drums and head banging so you could follow the rhythm. I know very basic bsl, having done a couple of courses and a lip reading course but i struggle to remember but boy, they were fascinating to watch, especially the more 'fruity' lyrics! 

Right, back to fixing stuff and airing the craft room as boy that glue does honk!

Happy What's on your workdesk Wednesday 

Kyla


11 comments:

  1. Great idea to take your sketch book, and what a lovely idea to include signing at the concert ! happy WOYWW Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never heard of signing at a concert before - it must have been fascinating! And there’s one thing I do know about the deaf community (having worked closely with some fab people on Deaf programming at Tyne Tees) they’re blunt in the extreme so I can guess how some of the interpreting went!! I like that you’re repairing the lap trays, hope they last a good while longer.
    Hugs LLJ 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, signing a concert must be exhausting! Props to them. I wonder if any of the acts saw you sketching and thought you were bored or a reporter taking notes! Funnily enough I've just 're-beaned' a lap tray...it's rather heavy now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work in the repairing department . . . and the youngsters tell us we caused the climate problem!! Don't see them repairing stuff . . again and again . .
    How wonderful to see Blondie on stage . . . she is just amazing and I love her stuff
    Signing!?! Wonderful!
    Enjoy your week
    Christine #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Flat Laps” ? Like a lap tray with a cushion? Hope you manage to fix them. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's it for the odd occasion I eat on the sofa or using the laptop on the sofa

      Delete
  6. Oh Kyla, what a fascinating concert you must have attended. I had a neighbor when I lived in a different state, who taught her children sign language and when they were too far away to yell, they would sign each other, which I thought was fascinating. That must have been not just a great concert for the stars and the music, but for the signing, too. LOVE your drawing/coloring. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great concert and additional entertainment with the signing. I have a lap tray they are very useful. The one I have also has a light attached which is good. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making quick catch up visits this morning after my long day at work yesterday. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you brought your sketch journal! And what a blast to the past with those artists! The BSL people sound like they were having a blast as well, it would have been so much fun to watch! Have a great week, Lindart #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh took me a while to work out what a "flat lap" was - LOL. Enlarged the photo and there it was, I'd been somewhere quite different I have to tell you - oops! Super little sketch of the concert. Hugs BJ#13

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment