Wednesday 30 November 2022

WOYWW and Inktober catchup

 Happy What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Now, to be honest, I took this photo last night, i thought it was an ideal situation to update that I have finally finished Inktober, only almost a month late, but I finished and thought I would share.  I have taken part in Inktober for about 8 or 9 years now, at the start I sketched and abandoned the art where I was sketching, then 7 years ago i decided to start doing them on tags (easier to keep in my bag and sketch on the go) which I also abandoned.  Then, 6 years ago I decided to keep them, on a split ring and hang them above my desk.  Good for referencing back and seeing how my style may have changed. As you can see they hang on the underneath of the shelf at the top of my desk (which for about 15 years now has been a computer desk with the printer above and a pull out keyboard underneath. So much easier than sketchbooks etc and really easy to flick through.


these are the tags, this year I chose to colour them with inktense pencils


Some of the daily prompts I really struggled with, hence it took me so long to catch up.  The ones I mainly struggled with were "scurry", "forget", "salty", "bluff" (must admit went back to my o level geography days for that prompt!) "tempting" and "uh-oh!"
But got there in the end and pleased I finished as I have taken part for so long and do enjoy it.  No "man bites dog" cards this week (as they fell behind the desk so need to get my grabber and ferret around to find them!) but aware also I need to crack on with Christmas stuff at some point!

So, whats on your workdesk?

kyla

12 comments:

  1. I’m glad you enjoy taking part int he challenge so much and the tags look great on the rings, so easy to look at rather than in books. The prompts would have made me scratch my head and think up some other, possibly naughtier, ones *grin*
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a special talent. WoW. those are all really unique. A great way to store them too. The challenges no matter where we find them, are great ways to be creative. I so much enjoy the variety out there. HAPPY WOYWW and ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt,how fabulous it is tooo see them all 🤸‍♀️🥰🤩😍 smiling wide as I made your pictures bigger 👀 pure joy to be had in the looking 🤩 each one wee artworks to delight! Thank yooou so much for sharing Kyla ❤🤗⭐️🥰 Wishing ⭐️ yoou the best of days ahead with love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a good feeling when you finish something like this. Maybe the 'Man Bites Dog' is trying to tell you somthing.....'Man hiding from Craftmadness'! Take care and have a great woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't realise you had been doing it for that many years. I have to say I would have struggled with than a few of those prompts!! Happy WOYWW, have a good week, love n hugs Cnidy xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags, my favourites are camping and the dog. The dog reminds of a cartoon dog called Mutley I think. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done getting to the finish Kyla - loving your Inktober tags. Great way to display them too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. what very weird prompts! well done for finishing and for displaying them along with the previous years. Have a good week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wel you’ve really got a collection going now. I agree, putting them on tags makes sense in so many ways, referencing must be easier, and certainly the size contributes to the feeling of being able to manage one a day! Well done on getting them done, and ha, without a second breath you’re turning to Christmas. Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on completing the challenge. They look great on the rings. Ani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you made it. Loved O-level Geography and rivers especially, bluffs and (opposite) slip off slopes always come to mind still. Hugs BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still think your tags on rings is a genius idea and agree way better than a book, esp. when they hang so close, and so easy to reach. Well done on another year. I would struggle with some of those prompts too, but you and O-levels rose to the challenge. Congrats.
    Ridiculously late for WOYWW but here I am…
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment