Wednesday 7 December 2022

Woyww

Happy WOYWW, going to start with an apology as didnt make it round all the returns as the week just ran away. No excuse apart from work, allotment and trying to catch up on housework, yuk! 

Did manage to grab a quick 1hr at my desk though (forgot my MBD headline cards sorry) and used some offcuts to make a couple of cards for the stash.

And then i cooked! Made our Christmas cake! Every year i make the same cake, it takes 3 ingredients (flour, dried fruit and a liquid-i usually use oat milk with a little cocoa and coffee mixed in). Thats it! I also add some mixed spice and top with pecans. Now, every year i make the same mistake, i forget the handwritten recipe in my book makes 2!! Yep, been making it each year for years, even has it written on the recipe with a highlighter over it! Oh well, more cake for hubby in the next week or so!! 

One thing i did manage was to go back to my old childhood home town and see the christmas lights switch on, and my brother, sis in law and my little niece visited too (lovely as they live a few hrs drive away so was lovely to watch the  switch on with them). 


And the great thing was spotting these post box toppers round the town! 



 Loved them! I cant knit or crotchet (well i can but am rubbish at it) so have SO much respect for these. 

So, what's on your workdesk this Wednesday?

Kyla 

10 comments:

  1. Love the post box toppers! Glad you got to catch up with your brother and family for the lights switch on. The ones here in Sutton are decidedly underwhelming this year. The cake looks gorgeous, hope you enjoy it. Happy WOYWW Helen #?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great post box toppers Kyla. That cake looks delicious too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh - I have a couple of sheets of that tiled paper, I think mine is tissue weight, and I love it. I scanned it at some point to print and use as faux postage. Love the cards, but the cake looks delicious. Yum. We have an elf ho tops post boxes in Gill too, I always love seeing them. I suspect a knitting mate of mine is responsible but if so, she's a devious one!
    Seems like I was just here...oh wait! I was... :)
    Determined to carve out my desk hop time today!!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Post box hats are popping up everywhere, I love them so much. Pleased you were able to visit your old place and have a catch up. Nice cake too. Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those post box toppers, someone’s done a lot of work there! Thanks for sharing, I do love to see these amazing creations. I laughed about the amount of cake, your hubby is going to have a lovely time getting through all that…it’s a hard life, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post box toppers and your cake looks delicious! I did smile though when You said you make the same mistake each year! You can’t have too much cake though - except for those of us watching our weight 🤣. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cards Kyla., love that you take an hour and get productive. It will take me an hour to clear up enough to get productive at this rate! The cake looks great, what a fab recipe. Love that you double it without thinking, I’ve done the same and honestly, the only way to stop it is to re-write the recipe and staple it on top of the original. Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spotted a post box topper in Whitby in the Summer - it was a mermaid! Like you say - crazy talented people! Your cake looks divine. That's my one stipulation every year - Mumma needs a fruitcake - ours is shop bought though. Maybe I should attempt baking one some time.

    Carmen #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love christmas cake. we stopped calling it fruit cake as it got such a bad wrap and call it Aunt Gladys christmas cake! Robyn 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think deep down you really want 2 cakes! LOL! It sounds delicious! I have never made one before, our traditions pretty much boil down to homemade Eggnog and shortbread cookies. Can't have too many of those! Lovely cards! Nice to have a stash of CC. Every year I tell myself in January to start making a stash...never happens! Have a great week, Lindart #16

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment