Wednesday 21 July 2021

Woyww

 Morning peeps, so on my desk this week are some plant labels.  I bought some thin wooden blanks from a local Farm that is run by the Brandon Trust (brilliant charity working with adults and young people with learning difficulties and autism).  In their farm shop they sell some wooden items they make in their workshops and they were selling 5 wooden labels for £1.50 so I bought a couple packs.

I am using old acrylic paints up and then will use my white posca pen to write the produce eg Beetroot and do a couple coats of yacht varnish (again as I have part used tins to use up).  If I can get a couple years at least out of them I will be very happy.


My "Man Bites Dog" cards this weeks are 'Indicted Brave 1st Lady Weds Mob Boss!!!!'  Well, no comment is probably best with that headline!

Hope your not melting too much if your in the UK, the west (where I am) have had the first ever UK Amber Extreme Heat warning!!! Needless to say all the allotment watering etc is being done VERY early before work at the moment when its still not too hot..

Stay cool and feel free to share what's on your workdesks this wednesday
kyla

10 comments:

  1. Great idea for the plant labels Kyla and using up odds and ends too as well as supporting a great cause. We are due rain at the weekend so hopefully the watering will take care of itself for a couple of days. Keep cool, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those labels, I tend to use the white plastic ones as Dx can just about manage to write on those!
    Have a good week and stay cool . . . wellies might be needed come the weekend!!
    Christine #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great MBD! And yeah, crikey, the heat is horrid. After moaning about the miserable wet and rainy British summer, I pine for it to return. Why can't it be a lovely 20-22 degrees with mostly sunny and a light breezy for a month? After the misery of the last year+ don't we deserve that? Well, hopefully it will be good for your crop at the very least. Enjoy your painting....

    Happy Hot Day Desk Hopping!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m looking forward to the weekend when the temps drop a few degrees! I’m doing the same with the watering of our veg beds too, the beans are rampant, I have to beat them back!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your DIY plant labels, Kyla, and fantastic to support such a worthwhile cause as well.

    Thank you for your visit to my blog for last week - you made me smile! So you are the original "young lass of Devizes," are you? I hope you aren't as lopsided as me haha!! Hope you visit this week's post to see the completed Pakistani card.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're able to water your allotment before it gets too hot (for the plants and you!) the plant labels sound a good bargain and for a worthwhile cause too. Have a good week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful plant labels and much nicer than those plastic ones. Luckily we don't have too many plants that need regular watering just need to keep the pond topped up. Keep cool and wishing you a very productive woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s too warm for me Kyla, and I worry about my small ponds, I must remind my daughter to top them up. Happy WOYWW Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love the man eat dog thingies, even if I don't really get it! You just think of a word and then put them together as a head line? I love the plant labels. I bought loads of white plastic ones last year, painted them black and wrote on them with gold pen. Most didn't last the first frost and the paint peeled off! Stay cool and safe, keep on crafting! Happy Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant work on the plant labels!


    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #5
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment