Wednesday 31 March 2021

WOYWW

Hello peeps, sorry wasn't able to post or visit last week as been chokka with pay the bills job. But, I was determined to take part this week so i took this last night (in the now lighter evenings in the UK- woo hoo, happy days).  I made my April page for the 365 journal challenge and my 'Man Bites Dog' cards this week are 'tourist tricks killer, again!!'  It's the 'again' that makes me wonder!! 


So the desk has some stuff on it, but i thought i would share how it was at the weekend- well I think lockdown 3 in the UK may have gotten to me finally as I decided to clean my craft room!!! I know!! Not just a quick dust but taking stuff off shelves and proper damp dusting!!! Well, once every few years I suppose isn't too bad! This was the during shot

But this was the after and I must admit it does look and smell better!!! 


Then on my dailywalk i spotted this in a bus shelter


It was lovely finding it, mainly as I also abandon art so it was lovely to see someone else does it also.


So, what's on your workdesk Wednesday? 

Kyla 


10 comments:

  1. Well done on your tidy up - a sure sign lockdown has gone on too long. Lovely little orphan flower. I used to knit ducks and leave them on buses and in shops - I can't even recal the charity it was for at this point! But I like the flower idea - it would be a great way to use up a bit of small stray balls of yarn!
    Happy WOYWW

    Desk hopping on a no longer sunny day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Random acts of crochet kindness, love it, Super tidy desk love that too. BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth clearing up as your desk looks ready for action now - don’t get me wrong, I’m most certainly not a clean freak, but sometimes physical tidying helps the artistic flow as well. Maybe that’s just me, I don’t know. I like the idea of abandoned crochet - sorry, that brings to mind half clothed crafters on a chaise longue....think I need my dried frog pills again...
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the tidy! Great find for the art too . Helen #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely is that little flower?! I've seen a few of those types of things around, my favourite was a chill pill - a knitted stress toy in the shape of a pill capsule with a little smiley face on it! Well done on the tidy up. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the tidy up Kyla and the found 'abandoned' art too. Glad you are all ready for April in your journal too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a busy desk but I have to say the tidy one looks good and has to be done sometimes. That was a sweet find which reminds me I have some pebbles to hide in the park. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x21x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those MBD cards say it all...every fool and his dog was congregated on beaches and I parks because the weather was warm. NHS staff must be in despair. Your room looks ace, well worth the effort, proper damp cloth work is also very revealing about how much cr#p there is on shelf edges and book tops etc! I hope you feel slightly smug every time you step into your room for the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with your tidying and cleaning, Kyla. I think the little crochet flower found in a bus shelter is absolutely charming! What a simply lovely idea. Lots of people need some cheering up these days, and a smiley little crochet flower hits the spot!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the tidy up!
    I too abandon art - from painted pebbles to ATCs. I often wonder where if anywhere they end up. But the last ones Mum and I picked up were crocheted angels in Derby Cathedral with a similar message (maybe 2 years ago?).
    Sorry I am so late visiting.
    Happy WOYWW and happy Easter!
    Susan #18

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment