Wednesday 24 February 2021

WOYWW

 Happy hump day so that means sharing our desks with the Queen of desks Julia for What's on your workdesk Wednesday. 

Late entry for me as I have a day off work so got sidetracked! First apologies as i havent been able to do all my return visit to you from last week, i will try better this week.

So, on my desk is my 365 journal and i am gessoing the pages ready for March and April as i find the paper takes the spray inks better with a gesso base. 

 

On a positive I did manage some me time at the weekend and joined my regular group the Bristol urban sketchers. For the past year we have been doing virtual meet ups. We agree a destination (this time was Norway) and we sketch whilst chatting for a couple hrs on zoom then share our pics. Its been a godsend as its been my only group craft/art that i have done.

This is with inktense pencils for the northern lights and below was a really interesting neon looking bridge so i experimented and painted the page with black acrylic and used posca pens. 

So, what's on your workdesk this Wednesday?


Kyla

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kyla. Well done on managing to get together virtually with some of your crafting buddies. Brilliant. Sort of raises the spirits and increases the mojo, doesn't it, to speak to someone of like mind. Great pages produced during the call.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds a good group to be part of - the intense work well against the dark background!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great results from the online get together Kyla. Sounds a fun idea each month too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work with the inktense pencils - it looks so much like watercolour! Crafty zooms have been so important to so many of us I know. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you with the Gesso, I always tend to prep paper, wood and card with it as you get a better coverage with the paint without having to use quite so much. The group sounds good and it's nice to spend time with other crafters. Have a lovely week and happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing the results of your urban sketching; today's is fantastic! But I do hope you can get back to meeting in the flesh soon though, I am sure you do too. Helen #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it's a real workhorse is gesso, I couldn't be without it. Love the northern light journal page, what a great idea to choose a destination in your virtual classes. Here's to meet ups for real very soon. Tracey #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. Clever international sketching ideas. If nothing else, lockdown has increased our worldly awareness! Lovely use of the old pencils there Kayla, you’re really v accomplished. Glad to read that you’ve had some time off, bet you didn’t spend it lolling in front of a tv!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool and clever idea! I love your sketches, and your Inktense work - I have them, but clearly I have not even begun to explore what you can do with them!

    Oh no! I'm late for WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds an interesting group, much cheaper than real travel :). Do you find your own pictures as inspiration or does the group share? Have a great week Angela #31

    ReplyDelete
  11. The urban sketching is brilliant.
    Such a good idea to guess in advance...
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #8

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the paintings you've done, Kyla, especially the Northern Lights one. What a great idea for a chat and some art! I agree with you about a gessoed surface. Working with my Tombow markers, I find I can blend the colours beautifully over gesso - they just seem to float and move.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the painting you have done, very striking! I'm with Shoshi, I like the Northern Lights the best! Sorry so late, my new laptop is silver and I can't see the letters (which have little silver lights behind them) so it takes me ages to type anything! Stay safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #6

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment