Wednesday 19 February 2020

WOYWW

Hello peeps, happy hump day!
So, after spending a few days away in London (we saw a LOT of art, textile exhibitions, food but NO gardens or parks as they were all shut due to the storm and amber weather warnings) I have managed to get back in the craft room.

After making about 17 Christmas cards in January (not my usual 20 I like to make but a good enough start so not going to stress about it) I thought it would be good to make some more general cards and use up some stash before the new season of craft shows start (I have used my stickles and glossy accents up on the Christmas cards)!

So on my desk this week is a masterboard I made with a mix of alcohol inks and distress sprays (not made one for ages and after reading Angela's blog and her lovely masterboards I thought I needed to get back into them as they are a great way to batch create backgrounds) and a stamped image of a balloon I totally forgot I had (Bristol, where I live, is the home of hot air balloons so I like to use them in my art at times).

My "Man Bites Dog" cards this week are 'Brave Blonde Revealed Drugs'!!

So, what's on your workdesk this Wednesday? 

Kyla

10 comments:

  1. Glad you got there and back without any damage from the storm... I can't Christmas yet... well done on 17 cards that is 17 more than me... #18

    ReplyDelete
  2. And 15 more than me - I always intend to do more - i certainly buy the supplies to do more!!;) Have a great week. Soojay #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kyla, love that masterboard, fabulous soft colours. I recall we visited Bath, and Longleat a few years ago, and we saw many many hot air balloons in flight on one of the days. Good job with the Christmas cards, I'm really trying to get a good stockpile, as last year I just wasn't up to crafting, and I ended up using every card in my box, I was really glad I had a backup stash!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you crafting away merrily, I think everyone's been doing the same weathering out the storm! I think masterboards are great too, I always think Shaz in Oz does good ones withBrushos.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weather has been dreadful hasn't it. I'm glad you had a safe trip. You certainly sound busy. Masterboards are great aren't they.

    Hugs Lisax #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed your time in London - the weather could have been kinder to you but you packed a lot in. Great MBD this week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the colours on that masterboard. Happy WOYWW. Have a wonderful week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making me feel guilty, so many cards made I must get my finger out. Loving the Masterboard too. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely master board Kyla. So gentle and calming. Glad you had a good time in London even with the storm. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours in your masterboard. It will make a very versatile background for all sorts of creations. I used to live in Bristol, and your mention of the hot air balloons brought back really vivid memories. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment