Monday 4 November 2019

Allotment update

Just a quick allotment update. As we have had our first frosts I thought I should harvest my winter squash.  I have urchi kuri, butternut and I think the yellow/green one may be acorn (not sure to be honest)!



I am really pleased as so far I have 11 winter squash that I am curing to store so am hoping that this will last me about 7 weeks (with any luck).  We do get through a lot of squash so I plan on growing more next year.  I have 4 of the orange urchi kuri (there are a couple really small ones still on the plant that I am hedging my bets with!)




3 of these and 


I managed to harvest 4 butternut squash (and a couple really small ones I have already roasted) 

Boy the plot does look bare now though!

Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment