Wednesday 14 May 2014

WOYWW

Hello peeps, well it's Wednesday again and its nearly the anniversary and crop/meet up/gossip fest/stuff your face with LLJ fabulous food time...is your name on the list?  I look forward to meeting up with friends old and new and hopefully you too.

So, keeping it short and sweet (as Julia likes it) on my workdesk this week:

Lots of snippets from my scrap box...I may even have  a card actually finished soon to enter into the snippets playground!  Also on my desk is my new pattern tracing wheel (99p at fabric land) that I plan on using to mark out where to make holes for some leather I am planning on playing with-I have no idea how to make the holes, I was thinking the dremel may be quicker than an awl...has anyone done any leather work before that can advise?

The stamp of the dandelion clock also has the phrase "Some see a weed some see a wish"" that I will also eventually make into a card!

My ATC's are hiding behind my glue bottle, can you see them?  I have already sent one to the lovely Elizabeth and Bluebeard and plan on taking the others to the crop.  If you would like one too please drop me a line so I can reserve one from the pack.

"Man Bites Dog" cards this week..."Mayor Sues Hero Priest"...ooh, we have a Mayor, I will be watching the local news with interest this week!

So please join us with a legal snoop at desks across the globe.

Happy Crafting

Kyla

14 comments:

  1. Think this is your shortest post ever.... great desk, I look forward to hearing what the mayor did! Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an anywhere hole punch where you use the hammer, that would work fine to make the holes. I cant ask you for an atc because I dont know if I'll be able to unpack all my boxes in time LOL to make one for the anniversary
    Bridget #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big must the holes be? I have a rotating head leather punch that I use with different size holes - it is quite hard on your hands though... #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    It's been a while I know, since I last managed to link up but I'm back now and just popping my head round the door to say hello!

    Thanks for sharing your creative space and I hope you have a good week too.

    Neil #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that dandelion sentiment! I know they're weeds, but they're so cheerful and I just love telling the time by blowing the seeds away :-)
    There'll be a few new faces at the crop so it'll be fun to meet some more lovely deskers!

    By the way, have you gone all Bristol on us with the extra 'r' on your Linky name ;-)

    Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tidy and graphic- fun to see a seek peaking through. I think this is my first visit here, so I'm of to snoop about.
    robyn 40

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds like fun - and I love the dandelion stamp. Have a great week, Chris # 23 PS If you still have ATCs to swap, when the time comes, email me with your postal deets and I'll get one of mine to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am chuckling as in my lawn I see dandelions as weeds, but on stamps and on my cards I think "flowers". So funny. My brother sees "food" as he likes the greens for salad. I love those cards, that bunch today is hysterical! Enjoy the week! Winnie#57

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed at how short you can post, seriously I can't do it. Good for you getting your ATC's done for the swap I am working on mine still.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 90

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo! Hark at you for getting your ATCs finished. I hope you have one for me. I am still working on mine.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kyla- nearly fooled me, I went past your name three times! Getting all posh with extra letters, eh? For the leather, There is a tool you can buy that has a wheel at the top with lots of different sized holes, you turn it to the hole size you want, then just squeeze the handles to punch. Its meant for leather work. I have one and can bring it with me to the crop if you like so you can see it/try it out and see if it would work for you? And I'd love one of your ATC's- got to make mine tomorrow. Do you think its ok to panic now? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #29 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaz, yes please that would be great, thanks x

      Delete
  12. I was SURE I visited you last Wednesday, but my internet has been so spotty, I apparently stopped by, but got caught in a crash before I could leave a comment.

    So, have you heard what the mayor sued the priest over? That one was very funny.

    I can attest to the fact you created some FANTASTIC ATCs, if they are all like mine. You put mine to shame.

    Once again, sorry I was late getting here, and happy very, very belated WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment