Thursday 8 May 2014

List, lists and more lists!

Hello peeps, are you well? At the start of the year I decided rather than make a new years resolution (which I would then fret about breaking, lets face it there is enough stress in our lives without adding to it!) I would choose a word to represent my year...and that word was "Balance".

Well, 5 months in and its not going too great!  I know that with Rheumatoid Arthritis I need to pace, plan and prioritise-now the strange thing is that at work for 5 days a week I can do this with regard to my work but as soon as I factor in my RA and planning for that-well, I have to hang my head in shame as I am rubbish!!

So after an intense few weeks hubby and I decided to have a few weekends away from the hustle and bustle and I went off line from the net for a bit to recharge!

Well work is still busy and will be for a few weeks yet, but slowly I am trying new things out to see if I can crack this "Balance" thing!  So with lists for work, rest and play (at this rate I will end up with a list for making lists!!) I decided to make a little time to make some more cards, not something I have made much time for.

This was the result-cards made in a caravan on a very wet and windy day!




Using only the few bits and bobs I took with me (and a few sheets of pre stamped random images and quotes).

 For this card the retro radios were from a magazine-so recycling too boot!

 Right, I may not have made WOYWW but at least I have updated my blog...so that is at least one thing I can strike off my to do list!!

Happy crafting

Kyla
 

3 comments:

  1. I missed you for WOYWW, so came looking for you. I used to make lists, too. One day I made a list and realized at the top was "Make Today's List." That's when I knew I had to stop the madness!

    I can relate to your arthritis. I was born with a rare form, a birth defect that has the same symptoms, but not the same relief from this disorder. I like both your cards, and got a laugh out of the first one. The second one was awesome, because I'm big on recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrible for lists too. All round the house. But you are not alone at going "off line" as I have cut down considerably and even been having "puter free" evenings too which is unlike me.
    Love that first card...haa haa!
    You going to the Crop?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment