Tuesday 23 June 2009

Ramblings from a shop weary bird

Well, after a fab weekend in the sun with my family (and a bit of craft shopping...well, when I say a bit.... obviously the definition is a little foggy!

Some of these were from a couple of craft shops. but then in the local flea market I found a mantle clock for 30p!! So I prised off the glass dome (any ideas what I can use this for, please email me, it was just to good to get rid of) and the face and handles. I will use the face as a stencil to create my own backing papers, then this just left an old wooden box, not really good enough to alter, but I got chatting to a lady on the bench I was sat on whilst dismantling the clock and asked if she could use it, and YES, she could use it as a nesting box for wild birs in her garden, not bad, all that for 30p!
I also took the plunge and bought a couple of Amy Butler patterns....

so now I am on the look out for fabric (and to learn how to use the zipper foot on my new machine)!

Once I got home, the house smelt of elderflower, so it was time to bottle up the elderflower cordial I have been making

the elderflower season is not very long, so I have to work quickly to make enough to last the year (and possibly as Christmas pressies also).

Finally, I had 5 minutes to myself and managed to make 4 cards.


The card on the top right (not a very good shot as its taken on my mobile phone as my camera battery is dead) is actually a fishing fly embedding into a pice of leather, similar to the keyring I made my father for Fathers day.

Happy Crafting

Li'l Pidge

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice lot of crafty stuff you've bought...good thinking with the clock.

    Cards look lovely, like the birds in branches silhoette.

    Denyze
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, your crafty stash looks fab

    Your cards are lovely too

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment