Wednesday 22 March 2023

Woyww

 Happy Whats on your workdesk Wednesday. So, my desk is a bit of a mess, this was taken last night. My sketchkit is dumped at the back, in the middle is a small free black notebook (from CILIP, the chartered institute of librarian's and Information Professionals-i admit i am terrible if i spot a freebie, they are slipped in my bag without breaking my step!). Also my allotment jeans. These are the newish one (as it the ones i mended last year to finally replace my really old jeans that i blogged about previously as they were patched SO many times it was getting a bit dodgy if i would flash inadvertently! 

These have been patched once last year, but need doing again (using the old offcuts from my previous pair). Once done they should see me through this year and hopefully nect year too. 

I thought i would also share a few recent makes, my father in laws birthday, neices birthday and mothering sunday so needed to make several  cards


Before he retired, my father in law was a type setter at a newspaper so this seemed like the perfect paper to use.


And these are the ear rings i managed to make, that i blogged about the other week. 

Well, that's it for now.

So, whats on your desk?

Kyla

 

8 comments:

  1. I’d heard all about the Phantom Allotment Flasher and it was you all along… lol! Good use of old denim, may the newly patched jeans last for a long time. Cool earrings and I loved the font card for your FiL, perfect choice!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyla, your jeans made me smile as I have some just like them and they need some work doing on them too. Lovely earrings and the cards too. Man bites dog is a likely one this week. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you've been patching your jeans...I love doing patch and darns to give things more life.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and lively earrings. Hope the patching goes well with your jeans. Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed at your patching , I am so bad at sewing I never repair stuff . Great cards especially fir your FIL. Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've decided to keep things decent on the allotment Kyla lol. Loving the cards, especially the birthday card for your Father-in-law. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha, butt cheeks saved for another while…although frankly, I’m sure you have fellow allotmenteers who wouldn’t mind…😜 I’m sure you can make them last but they are pretty thin in parts aren’t they! A freebie that’s a notebook, I mean, what’s not to like, it’s as if they know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely makes!! I too am terrible for a freebie!!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #6

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for reading my blog...feel free to leave a comment